What's for Dinner Thurs. 4/11/2013??
  Re: (...)
Hey, where did Jean go? She must be sleeping in today. Or off doing something exciting.

I will start the thread for her majesty.

We had such a fabulous dinner, we are going to do it all again tonight!

But first, the weather...

Last week was great! Today is Thunder-Snow! Lots of snow, thunder and lightening...
(my deck. Last week we were grilling, now we are chilling)
[Image: IMG_20130411_071735.jpg]

Now back to the dinner...

We had these amazing pizzas! You may recognize them from my Facebook page...

[Image: IMG_20130410_175202.jpg]

Well, here is now they turned out!

Pepperoni
[Image: IMG_20130410_181234-1.jpg]

Mediterranean Chicken
[Image: IMG_20130410_181845-1.jpg]

Buffalo Chicken! Huge success. We LOVED it! I topped it with chopped celery and bleu cheese dressing.
[Image: IMG_20130410_181131-1.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's for Dinner Thurs. 4/11/2013?? by luvnit (Hey, where did Jean ...)
They all look great!

I have a huge container of salad greens that I need to use so I will top those with the pecan crusted chicken.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Thurs. 4/11/2013?? by Trixxee (They all look great!...)
What all did you layer your Buffalo Chicken pizza with Laura?? This is on my list... well, it has been for quite a while!

We're having "Oregon Tuna Melts" from F&W newsletter the other day on the sourdough ciabatta rolls. A different twist on tuna.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/oregon-tuna-melts
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Thurs. 4/11/2013?? by cjs (What all did you lay...)
I have pizza dough made. We have left over bean soup. I'm not sure - I'd really like to do the pizzas! I work, Bob's off today so we'll have to see.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Thurs. 4/11/2013?? by cjs (What all did you lay...)
I had a nice, cooked chicken breast that I sort of 'chunk' shredded. I tossed the chicken pieces in Buffalo Wing sauce. (Texas Sting brad - Hot) I also wasn't looking for a really hot-hot pizza so I put pizza sauce on the crust, spinach/arugula mixture, mozzarella, scallions, and chicken. When it was done cooking I drizzled with bleu cheese, and tossed on some diced celery.

My son loved it. Hubby and I thought it could be hotter. That is what I will do tonight. Add more Buffalo Wing sauce.

I almost always add greens to my pizza, if I have them. I just feel like it's healthier...
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Thurs. 4/11/2013?? by luvnit (I had a nice, cooked...)
Love the pizzas! But your weather, ack!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Thurs. 4/11/2013?? by DFen911 (Love the pizzas! But...)
Beautiful pizzas, Laura! I like the sound of the buffalo chicken pizza. Will have to try that.

Jean, that tuna melt sounds really good. I have used balsamic on occasion instead of mayo when making a salad and we like it. Copied and saved.

Dinner tonight will be one of two recipes for almond chicken. Hmmmm.

Jean, what have you decided about the sourdough starter you made? I haven't made one for a long time and was thinking about getting one started. The last time I did one was with Ruth Allman's recipe from "Alaska Sourdough."
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Thurs. 4/11/2013?? by Mare749 (Beautiful pizzas, La...)
We are having the same weather here, Laura
We are going to have to go out in anyway as the cat has a vet appointment and it will be a good opportunity to do some food shopping in the big city, Watertown
There is a Chinese buffet there that serves decent sushi I think that's what we're having for dinner
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Thurs. 4/11/2013?? by farnfam (We are having the sa...)
Maryann, I'm going to continue working with it and see what happens. My two alternative plans are to hope I get some dried from Marlene (remember 'da cook'?) or order some from King Arthur.

Thanks Laura - that's pretty much what I'll do, altho since I already had celery chopped for the buffalo pizza, I added to the pizza I did make before baking and it was very good. I've never added celery to one before, I don't think.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Thurs. 4/11/2013?? by cjs (Maryann, I'm going t...)
I wouldn't have thought of adding the salad to the pizza BEFORE you cook it. I'll have to think about this. I had planned to use the sauce on the crust, add the chicken, blue cheese, and celery? Then top with greens , dressing, and more dressing out of the oven.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.