What's for dinner Wed., 4/17/2013?
  Re: (...)
What I want is Blane's Cheeseburger and Fries!!!!

What we are having is Pierogi's and Cabbage... Still good, but not the same!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's for dinner Wed., 4/17/2013? by luvnit (What I want is Blane...)
I am making the "poultry pockets" from one of the weeknight books. At least I think that's where I found it. Basically chicken stuffed with swiss cheese (I'm using mozz), sauteed spinach and garlic, and a slice of tomato. You top it with a balsamic glaze but I think I'm going to just do a white wine pan sauce.

Not sure about sides yet.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 4/17/2013? by Trixxee (I am making the "pou...)
It's a busy day, so I'm doing something easy....Greek Salad with roasted chicken. I prepped everything last night, so I'll just throw it together when we finally get home.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 4/17/2013? by karyn (It's a busy day, so ...)
Not sure what I'll do - it's supposed to rain, but it's beautiful right now.....want to grill!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 4/17/2013? by cjs (Not sure what I'll d...)
Beautiful day here, so planning to grill fresh veggies for a sandwich made with a hollowed out Italian loaf and two types of cheese.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 4/17/2013? by Mare749 (Beautiful day here, ...)
Oh Maryann, what a good idea - I have a lonely zucc in fridge and onions. A veggie sandwich! Yes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 4/17/2013? by cjs (Oh Maryann, what a g...)
Tonight it's a grilled version of chicken cordon bleu with a side of asparagus.

Laura, here you go, enjoy!

[Image: BigMac3_zpsafd51d67.jpg]
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 4/17/2013? by cjs (Oh Maryann, what a g...)
Well we had made-ahead Honey-Soy Pulled Pork sammies with KFC Cole Slaw. That's Hubby's most fave cole slaw.

I would do this recipe differently. I would double the sauce, but not cook the butt in a slow cooker. It didn't come out as moist as when you all helped me with my first Boston Butt that I put in the smoker for 3 hours, then finished in the oven for 9 more in an apple juice bath and tightly covered at 250 degrees.

That butt came out more moist than this one and was easier to shred. Plus, the fat melted off. I found myself cutting off the fat cap and then some before shredding it.

Maybe it was because I wasn't confident with the slow cooker - I played between high and low settings because I didn't think it was cooking fast enough on low - I think going low and slow in the oven was definitely better.

I would like to know what kind of buns/bread everyone here likes to serve pulled pork on.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 4/17/2013? by BarbaraS (Well we had made-ahe...)
With the exception of Lobster Rolls, I'm just not the biggest fan of regular hot dog or hamburger buns. Instead, I usually prefer something more substantial. For me, kaiser rolls never fail (as long as their the real, nice, firm ones, not the slightly more glorified hamburger buns that some places call kaiser rolls).

Many of us also liked how the Popcorn Bread worked as hamburger rolls (reviews; further discussion).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 4/17/2013? by labradors (With the exception o...)
I haven't tried it but I suspect challah bread would make a heck of a pulled pork sandwich. Not traditional but I bet adding some fresh sliced or caramelized onions wouldn't hurt either.
Allison aka Younger Bay
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child