Tragedy In Waco, Texas!!
  Re: (...)
Boy, did the headlines get me scurrying for the atlas to see how close friends are to Waco. Allison and Bill & Jane, thank God are quite a ways. And the other friends we know are far away also.

Can't believe the news this week - it's getting hard to turn on the news every morning.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tragedy In Waco, Texas!! by cjs (Boy, did the headlin...)
All that destruction of nearby homes, too! I cannot imagine the pain those people are going through.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Tragedy In Waco, Texas!! by cjs (Boy, did the headlin...)
That was truly horrific! This week has been hard - my heart is just so broken for all those people affected by both.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tragedy In Waco, Texas!! by Harborwitch (That was truly horri...)
It could have been a lot worse---I think only 10-15% of the explosives went up!! Several firemen have not been found---they may never be. They were fighting the fire at ground zero.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Tragedy In Waco, Texas!! by Old Bay (It could have been a...)
Oh my gosh!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Tragedy In Waco, Texas!! by luvnit (Oh my gosh!...)
This has been an awful week in the USA
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Tragedy In Waco, Texas!! by farnfam (This has been an awf...)
A very sad week.
  Re: Re: Tragedy In Waco, Texas!! by Trixxee (A very sad week. [i...)
Quote:

A very sad week.

Prayers for all who have been affected by these tragedies.
  Re: Re: Tragedy In Waco, Texas!! by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I have been watching it all....even tonight. This has been a tragic week for our country!

Like Jean, I immediately pulled up a map to see how close friends were to the tragedy. I'm glad you are all okay.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tragedy In Waco, Texas!! by Gourmet_Mom (I have been watching...)
I am happy to say that the grocery retailer I work for responded extremely quickly to the disaster, sending a "mobile kitchen" with volunteers and supplies. The mobile kitchen has provided three meals a day and water to first responders, evacuees, volunteers, support staff..pretty much everyone. I'm just really proud to work for a company like HEB that gives back to our communities especially in times of crisis.

http://interactives.kxan.com/photomojo/g...oming-together/
Allison aka Younger Bay
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child