Everyone must be watching Boston...
  Re: (...)
Wow... This place is like a ghost town. We all must be watching coverage of Boston.

My daughter works in Watertown (lives in Newton). Fortunately, she got married yesterday and she and her new hubby went to Plymouth for a few days.

The coverage is riveting!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Everyone must be watching Boston... by luvnit (Wow... This place is...)
Yes, I'm glued to it. Something sure seems off about the 2 'bombers' to me. I hope the 2nd one can be taken alive so they can learn more.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Everyone must be watching Boston... by cjs (Yes, I'm glued to it...)
I agree, I would certainly like to know more. I hope they take him alive. I don't think that will be the case though.
Laura
  Re: Re: Everyone must be watching Boston... by luvnit (I agree, I would cer...)
This is really wierd - does anyone watch "The Americans"?? Hello.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Everyone must be watching Boston... by cjs (This is really wierd...)
I think I may have seen the first episode...
Laura
  Re: Re: Everyone must be watching Boston... by luvnit (I think I may have s...)
I hate the fact that I have to go to work today. Please God, let this end peacefully and with no more loss of life.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Everyone must be watching Boston... by luvnit (Wow... This place is...)
Scary stuff, for sure. Picky's daughter lives in Brighton and works at the MIT Daycare, so she stayed home today. She's fine, glad your daughter is, too, Laura. I can't believe he's evaded the police all day.

Such an unbelievable week here in the Northeast.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Everyone must be watching Boston... by pjcooks (Scary stuff, for sur...)
Quote:

I can't believe he's evaded the police all day.

Such an unbelievable week here in the Northeast.

PJ

I know!!! I keep thinking this is going to be over in a few minutes... I have been trapped by my TV all day watching the coverage. So glad Picky's daughter is okay too. Things are stressful there right now.

Besides, I keep thinking that if they don't find him TODAY... All those people have to try and go to sleep at night with him at large! That would be freaky, in the dark.
Laura
  Re: Re: Everyone must be watching Boston... by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
My daughter lives in Newton too, but she used to live in Back Bay, a couple of blocks from Copley. I used to walk with Bessie where the bombs exploded. DD is a runner and would have been there but hubby had to be in CA do she did not run this year. She was planning to go down with the kids to watch but decided too hard with two toddlers, thank goodness. All their friends ok too. Today she flew to CA. Watching the events on tv makes one cringe, but being there exponentially worse. I grew up with random bombs detonating near me on a daily basis and still, 55 years later, I still jump when I hear anything resembling an explosion or a gunshot.
  Re: Re: Everyone must be watching Boston... by Cubangirl (My daughter lives in...)
Scary. Makes you wonder if you can be safe anywhere, anymore. By the way, they got him.
PJ