Sat. Dinner, 4/20/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're eating out all day -have some running around to do and there is a new eatery which just opened in Sequim - a pub of some sort, so we'll stop there and check it out.

Later, Harbinger (our favorite local winery) is having their annual crab fest. And, this year, I just get to eat.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sat. Dinner, 4/20/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Have fun, Jean! We will be eating out. Have matinee tickets for War Horse, then we'll catch a quick bite on the way home.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sat. Dinner, 4/20/13?? by Mare749 (Have fun, Jean! We w...)
I'm going to be checking out the convection bake setting on my new Breville toaster oven with Filets en Croute. It will be a relief not to have to empty my big oven just to convection bake a couple filets.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sat. Dinner, 4/20/13?? by BarbaraS (I'm going to be chec...)
Since the weather is so great, we are heading to Huntington Beach to have lunch at the pier and then walk around and take pictures. We are going to Duke's. If you've been to Hawaii, you probably have eaten at one of their restaurants. I'm getting the fish tacos I think.

http://www.dukeshuntington.com/
  Re: Re: Sat. Dinner, 4/20/13?? by Trixxee (Since the weather is...)
Wow, the presentations at Dukes are outstanding!! May have to be a stop one of these days!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sat. Dinner, 4/20/13?? by cjs (Wow, the presentatio...)
Or if you are in Del Mar, Malibu or Lake Tahoe, they have locations there too. Boy, do they know how to pick the scenic spots or what?
  Re: Re: Sat. Dinner, 4/20/13?? by Trixxee (Or if you are in Del...)
Trixxee, once again you came through with an excellent dinner idea. In 11 days we'll be in Lahaina, Maui. Thank you!
http://www.dukesmaui.com/

Tonight my wife is making Greek meatballs , lemon rice and grilled summer squash with basil oil.
  Re: Re: Sat. Dinner, 4/20/13?? by losblanos1 (Trixxee, once again ...)
You're so lucky! That Duke's is pretty new - haven't been to it yet. Their Hula Grill in Whaler's Village is a good place to go. I think we ate there three times the last time we were there.

Have fun and ALOHA!
  Re: Re: Sat. Dinner, 4/20/13?? by Trixxee (You're so lucky! Th...)
11 DAYS?? well, crap. and we're stuck here.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sat. Dinner, 4/20/13?? by cjs (11 DAYS?? well, crap...)
Duke's sounds wonderful! I'm really missing Hawaii right now!! Blane, I hope you have a terrific time there. It's like nowhere else.

Wee're trying a recipe I flagged a while ago, but never got around to making-- Bisteca ala Panzano's. There's a lot of last year's pesto in the freezer and I've got everything else on hand. Pesto, mashed potatoes, grilled steak, and salad....what's not to like???