Julia Child fans!
  Re: (...)
I'm about halfway though "Dearie, The Remarkable Life of Julia Child" by Bob Spitz and am really enjoying it.

Thought I'd pass it along!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Julia Child fans! by foodfiend (I'm about halfway th...)
Thanks, Vicci, I'll call the library in the morning!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Julia Child fans! by pjcooks (Thanks, Vicci, I'll ...)
I've heard about that one, but haven't read it yet. Thanks for mentioning.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Julia Child fans! by cjs (I've heard about tha...)
Thanks for the heads up, Vicci! It's been a while since I read a good biography.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Julia Child fans! by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the heads...)
I'm going to look for this
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Julia Child fans! by mjkcooking (I'm going to look fo...)
As long as we're talking about the biography of a chef...

Just found that Amazon has the Kindle version of Grant Achatz: The Remarkable Rise of America's Most Celebrated Young Chef FREE today AND there IS a Kindle version of that Julia Child book that Vicci mentioned.

I had no idea who that Grant Achatz was, but upon googling, I found that he is the owner of Alinea (in Chicago), which is very highly regarded, so the book definitely sounds worth trying - especially when the Kindle price is $0.00. I'll review it after I've read it, but the freebie may only be available for today (or some of these freebies are for a couple of days).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Julia Child fans! by labradors (As long as we're tal...)
I have Chef Achatz's (he of the uni-brow) book and I love it. I like his flavors.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Julia Child fans! by cjs (I have Chef Achatz'...)
Cool! Maybe this biography will be interesting, then. Apparently, he had a battle with cancer, a while back, that temporarily left him with no sense of taste but, fortunate for him, his taste did return.
  Re: Re: Julia Child fans! by labradors (Cool! Maybe this bi...)
Ooops, brain-fart moment. I'm mixing up two chefs. Chef Achatz does not have the uni-brow - can't think of the Chef Hugh ________ that does.

But still love Chef Achatz book.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Julia Child fans! by cjs (Ooops, brain-fart mo...)
Oh, yeah. LOL! I know him from Top Chef: Hugh Acheson.