What's for Dinner, Mon., 4/22/13?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for all?

I'm making smoked salmon pizza with smoked veggies - and two crusts. 1-sourdough and 1-from Chef Bill Jamison's book.

Alina, he specifically says his dough is for a very thin crust, so I'll report in on how good it is.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 4/22/13? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Well, we were going to have those grilled feta burgers but Tony was up almost all night long with stomach pains so he just wants either cereal or a plain ham sandwich for a day or two. He will be fine - I think he overdid it down in San Diego. Friday night they didn't get home until 3:00am! FGS he was drinking vodka. He knows better than that.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 4/22/13? by Trixxee (Well, we were going ...)
Applesauce IS available here, but is really expensive, since it's am American import. The apples, themselves are also imports (from either America or Chile, depending upon the time of year), but are nowhere near as expensive as a jar of applesauce.

I haven't had applesauce in AGES, and have had a hankering for it, lately, so I'm going to make some.

Since I also have some pork chops in the freezer, I figure I'll make tonight a Peter Brady dinner night by making "Pork chops and applesauce." LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 4/22/13? by labradors (Applesauce IS availa...)
I love to make applesauce (and apple butter) - haven't for a couple of years. Thanks for bringing it up.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 4/22/13? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Trying a new recipe for ground meat tonight - Hamburger Steak with Onions and Gravy.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 4/22/13? by BarbaraS (Trying a new recipe ...)
That sounds familiar Barbara. Is it from the latest Cooking Light?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 4/22/13? by Trixxee (That sounds familiar...)
I actually got it from allrecipes.com.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 4/22/13? by BarbaraS (I actually got it fr...)
LOL! Labs. I remember that episode, thanks for the laugh.

Tonight, we're having Pecan Crusted Halibut with sautéed apples and a side of asparagus. It's a new recipe from the Celebrate the Rain cookbook.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 4/22/13? by losblanos1 (LOL! Labs. I remembe...)
I can even hear the bad accent Peter Brady used! I loved that show when I was a lot younger!!

It's my birthday today, but we've been so busy that I just want an evening off. We'll go out to celebrate in a few weeks when things settle down. Tonight, it's comfort food from the freezer....Cincinnati Chili and artichokes. Probably an early night, too!!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 4/22/13? by karyn (I can even hear the ...)
Happy Birthday Karyn.