Way OT - Blog
  Re: (...)
Well decided to start a new blog about the adventures of going from the city the country and some recipes and arts and crafts.

So we'll see where the next adventure takes me

My Blog for anyone mildly curious. Mainly it's for me to keep track of everything that's happening. I had meant to start this back when we moved up, but the broken foot thing put me into such a state of depression I just didn't have it in me to write. (lol not that I'm a real writer now haha)
  Re: Way OT - Blog by DFen911 (Well decided to star...)
Very nice! I agree completely about the bugs!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Way OT - Blog by DFen911 (Well decided to star...)
Nice! I love reading blogs. This looks like it's gonna be cool!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Way OT - Blog by luvnit (Nice! I love reading...)
I wish I had been able to film the event of Derek and I walking in slow motion like we were on the moon and slowly going around the garage trying to gently wrangle up a humming bird that decided to come in. Entertainment I tell ya
  Re: Re: Way OT - Blog by DFen911 (I wish I had been ab...)
Nice that you are using WordPress, instead of Blogger/BlogSpot. Looks great!

Your "entertainment" probably would have been better than 80% of the cr@p on TV most of the time.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Way OT - Blog by DFen911 (I wish I had been ab...)
I like it! I did not know you have those nasty fire ants in Oregon.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Way OT - Blog by Old Bay (I like it! I did no...)
How fun!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Way OT - Blog by cjs (How fun!...)
I love it Denise! But I am positively shuddering about the ants.
  Re: Re: Way OT - Blog by Trixxee (I love it Denise! B...)
They are still freaking me out. When I was planting my garden sometimes one would crawling up out of the dirt. I screamed more planting my garden yesterday than all the horrors movies I have watched combined.

Bill the fire ants were in S CA. I stepped on a low block wall as a child and they swarmed up my leg. The only way to get them off me was with a fire extinguisher. That was a bad day for me. I was 12.
  Re: Re: Way OT - Blog by DFen911 (They are still freak...)
Bob hit a golf ball and had it land in a fire ant hill. Bad shot. They've taken care of it.

Diatomacious earth is great to get rid of ants - there is a version for use in the yard (not the pool stuff). It cuts their exoskeletons and kills them. Harmless to humans and pets.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!