T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/26/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

I'm undecided - have an idea for a sandwich that is really off the wall, so won't say anymore until I see if it works.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/26/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Oh I'm intrigued Jean! I am making the french onion soup from the Soups, Stews and Chilis book. And a baby greens salad.
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/26/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I have some shrimp leftover from last night - and there are still some oysters on ice so I'm thinking a curry shrimp roll, grilled oysters, and a spinach salad. Easy for a work night.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/26/13?? by Harborwitch (I have some shrimp l...)
I'm switching gears and going with a sandwich from Sandwiches & Salads (the dual book with Grilling Tonite the other half). I have l/o Buffalo wing sauce, so the Buffalo Chicken French Dip idea caught my eye.

The country is coming out in me this a.m. - George Jones, who I've loved all my life died. How sad for all his fans.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/26/13?? by cjs (I'm switching gears ...)
My wife's in Wenatchee and will not be home in time for dinner, so I'm cooking for one tonight. Italian steak sandwich.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/26/13?? by cjs (I'm switching gears ...)
Picked up another awesome Chicken Pot Pie from Bobby Chez, and Cole Slaw for Hubby. He's on his own with his takeout place in town.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.