Grilling Time - Easy Side Dishes
  Re: (...)
We can go so far with this thread!!!

[Image: May4GrilledChiliPorkwgrilledzucc1_zps7b64883d.jpg]

Hey, these little buggers are good. The pork was wonderful, but the zucchinis were a great side dish that would go with everything.

Slice zucc in half lengthwise, slice just a bit off the bottom of each so they lay flat on the grill. Brush with olive oil, sprinkled with Good Sh*t and grilled cut-side down for nice grill marks, then moved to indirect heat and topped with tomato slices and a mixture of mozz and Parm. Pull the zucc when still just a little resistance to a pierce with a knife. How easy is that!

The Chili Pork is from the Grilling/Sandwich book (the double book).
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Grilling Time - Easy Side Dishes by cjs (We can go so far wit...)
For that matter, I always love the way veggies turn out when you wrap them in foil with some olive oil and seasoning and toss the whole packet onto the grill or into the coals. So simple, but so delicious.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Grilling Time - Easy Side Dishes by labradors (For that matter, I a...)
We like to do vegs that way too, Labs. Takes me back to camping days when our girls were growing up. In the last few years, we have also enjoyed putting them directly on the grill as shown by Jean's delicious looking meal.

One of our favorites in the summer is grilled eggplant, topped with prov, and served with a bit of marinara and grilled french bread.

A new favorite is grilled patty pan squash. Just discovered those tasty little treats last summer.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Grilling Time - Easy Side Dishes by Mare749 (We like to do vegs t...)
Marinated tomato wedges (sometimes easier to handle than slices) are phenomenal on the grill. And don't forget peaches or pineapple!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Grilling Time - Easy Side Dishes by labradors (Marinated tomato wed...)
Delicious looking. Will have to try that soon.
  Re: Re: Grilling Time - Easy Side Dishes by Trixxee (Delicious looking. ...)
Tomato wedges is genius! I'm giving that one a try!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Grilling Time - Easy Side Dishes by Gourmet_Mom (Tomato wedges is gen...)
And, I do love to grill p.apples!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Grilling Time - Easy Side Dishes by Mare749 (We like to do vegs t...)
Quote:

One of our favorites in the summer is grilled eggplant, topped with prov, and served with a bit of marinara and grilled french bread.

Oh I just love that (but DH, who shuns all things eggplant, gets grilled zucchini instead). Welcome, "grilling weather"!

Soak the pineapple slices in a mix of dark rum, brown sugar and lime before grilling, serve w/ grilled slices of angel food cake. A scoop of lime sherbet on the side. Easiest summer dessert ever!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com