Thursday Dinner, 5/9/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm thinking I may play with bacon wrapped shrimp with a sliver of jalapeno inside and some kind of noodle salad...we'll see what this may morph into.

I now also have 2 separate batches of sourdough going - one from my friend in the Yukon and the one from C@H. Thought I might make two identical breads and see how they compare. Guess I can scratch another item from my bucket list.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/9/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We just had the all important 6:00am dinner conversation before Tony left for work and we're copying you Jean.

Bacon Cheeseburgers.....Michael will have a very small plain McDonald's size burger. Kid doesn't know what he's missing out on. (But this is a recent improvement - he would never eat a burger at all before).
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/9/13?? by Trixxee (We just had the all ...)
Roy asked if we could have them again..........
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/9/13?? by Trixxee (We just had the all ...)
I just pulled out an 8-Layer Lasagna from the freezer. I made something like 6 of these last fall. This is the last one. I better get rid of it!

I will definitely do this again. Make several lasagnas and freeze them. Last fall (before I did these) I had a $5 coupon for Stouffer's Family size lasagna. So when it was on sale at the grocery store and I ended up getting it $2.50, I thought "Hey! I have nothing to lose on this..." Actually, it was horrible. The sauce tasted like spaghettio's sauce. NEVER AGAIN!!! Will stick to homemade.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/9/13?? by luvnit (I just pulled out an...)
Well you must give in then Jean! Laura - isn't that stuff awful? Even if it was free.....
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/9/13?? by Trixxee (Well you must give i...)
Leftovers here. Last night did a grilled pork tenderloin that was marinated in soy, balsamic, brown sugar and garlic. Then made some roasted cauliflower and grilled bread.

I think the pork will just be reheated with the sauce and I'll do a salad with some fresh sliced apples, goat cheese and pecans.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/9/13?? by Trixxee (Well you must give i...)
Quote:

Laura - isn't that stuff awful? Even if it was free.....

Yes, it is Trixxee! I can't believe they can sell that stuff. Gross
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/9/13?? by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Wow, we had a change of plans - this is Kokanee salmon given to us by a neighbor... so darn good!!

I have a new cookbook (I know, but a used one for $.78 + shipping - how could I pass it up??) The New Gas Grill Gourmet - Grilled Tuna (I used my Salmon) with Tuscan White Beans. Wonderful!

Kokanee salmon ready to grill

[Image: May9KokaniSalmonreadytogrill_zpsd341c80e.jpg]

Grilled Kokanee Salmon

[Image: May9GrioledSalmonwTuscanWhiteBeans_zps4298561a.jpg][/URL

And, I haven't done this since I retired from the kitchen.... spoon swish but it was called for, I think.

Salmon plated with spoon swish

[url=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/cjdacook/media/COOKING%20PICTURES%202013%20MARCH%20THRU%20DEC/May9GrilledSalmoinwTuscanBeansplated_zpsc3d91b7e.jpg.html][Image: May9GrilledSalmoinwTuscanBeansplated_zpsc3d91b7e.jpg]

If anyone wants the Bean side dish, I'll post it - really a nice side.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/9/13?? by cjs (Wow, we had a change...)
Yes please and thank you, Jean! We love beans. And your dish looks delicious.

We're having raviolis, meatballs, and salad for dinner. No garlic bread. (damage control, sort of)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/9/13?? by Mare749 (Yes please and thank...)
I might even give salmon another try if I could find it that fresh. It looks incredible, Jean!

We had the Drunken Pork Kebabs with Maque Choux from one of the grilling issues. It's still as tasty as ever.