T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/10/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone??

We ran down the hill to a little joint for an appie dinner - I had a wonderful flabread and Roy had a bowl of clams with coconut-green curry sauce. He ate all the clams but not all the 'juice' so I'm going to play with it for today. Serve it with l/o flatbread (that was drizled with a Balsamic glaze over cheese and a wonderful frisee & arugula salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/10/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
There's a hockey playoff game on at 5:00 (Ducks vs. I'm not sure, maybe Detroit) that Tony will not miss to be fooling around with bbq'ing so he offered to pick something up. Not sure yet what that could be - perhaps a Which Wich, KFC original boneless, or mexican from one of the bazillion little places around here.

First though I'm going out to lunch with my dog bite friend and her step mom for an early Mother's Day outing.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/10/13?? by Trixxee (There's a hockey pla...)
I think it's going to be taco salad tonight. Been craving Mexican food since missing Cinco de Mayo.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/10/13?? by Mare749 (I think it's going t...)
I think I'm going to marinate a half chix with the coconut/curry sauce untill tomorrow and then grill it. So, don't know what I'll do today.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/10/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Well the farm stands have all opened up again and the one on the way home from work sells these strombolis that are pretty good.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/10/13?? by BarbaraS (Well the farm stands...)
Pork chops with Zataran coating, macaroni pie, and sautéed zucchini. Comfort food for a rainy nite---yes, it rained, one inch so far--more tonight!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/10/13?? by Old Bay (Pork chops with Zata...)
Sit in front of the fire Friday night, huh, Bill & Jane!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/10/13?? by cjs (Sit in front of the ...)
Absolutely!!! Rehab!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/10/13?? by Old Bay (Absolutely!!! Rehab...)
I am surprising my family and letting them take me out to dinner!!!! No cooking for me this weekend! (Oh except for the Mother's Day dessert on Sunday. Chocolate Éclair Cake! Yum) I have decided to retire from cooking my own Mother's Day meals! I have also decided that Mother's day needs to be the entire weekend. So I am not cooking this weekend.

[Image: eclair-cake-plate.JPG]

Chocolate Eclair Cake recipe
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/10/13?? by luvnit (I am surprising my f...)
OMG Laura, that cake looks so good. Might have to make this for Hubby for his BD this month instead of the 3-layer chocolate cake that takes me 2 DAYS to make with 4 batches of the icing. Grr.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.