Monday's Dinner, 5/13/13??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner for everyone today??

Not sure here - but, it will be healthy....I do have another steak in the freezer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/13/13?? by cjs (What's for dinner fo...)
Tony bought some carne asada flautas at Costco. I really wish he wouldn't shop there when he's hungry. I'm pretty dubious about them but I guess I can't just throw them out (or can I)? My friend gave me a whole bunch of avocados from her tree so I will make some guacamole.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/13/13?? by Trixxee (Tony bought some car...)
Poor Tony - may be in trouble....

Well, I guess I have to put healthy on the back burner for another day. I have a chicken breast left from the other day and also some mozz/provolone/?? cheese left from yesterday pizza and some marinara sauce. So, think I'll just make a chicken parmigiana casserole and empty the fridge.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/13/13?? by cjs (Poor Tony - may be i...)
Depending upon how their made, my least-favourite thing about flautas is the crummy tortilla-to-meat ratio.

Maybe you can cut them into little nuggets, deep fry (or bake) them, and use them as croutons in a tortilla soup. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/13/13?? by cjs (Poor Tony - may be i...)
Today we will be having Jean's Clam Campanelle recipe. This has become a favorite in our house. I have some fresh asparagus to go with it, and we will skip the garlic bread again. (still doing damage control)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/13/13?? by labradors (Depending upon how t...)
Quote:

Maybe you can cut them into little nuggets, deep fry (or bake) them, and use them as croutons in a tortilla soup. LOL!

That's not an altogether bad idea!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/13/13?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That crouton idea is genius. Would also be good used that way on top of a taco salad.

Trixxee, I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a neighbor with an avocado tree. Lucky you!!!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/13/13?? by Mare749 (That crouton idea is...)
I'm going to get the ingredients for Jeans bday menu
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/13/13?? by DFen911 (I'm going to get the...)
We had an avocado tree in Healdsburg, CA and all of us just loved them - even Herc the lab.

Denise, are you going with Habaneros??

Taco salad. Piddle, now that's in my mind.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/13/13?? by cjs (We had an avocado tr...)
Another fun day of cooking - have I mentioned I love retirement????????????

First artichokes of 2013

[Image: May13artichokesfromthegarden_zps420a428f.jpg]

[Image: May13Sautingartichokes_zpsce8674db.jpg][/URL

Sauteed artichokes
[url=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/cjdacook/media/COOKING%20PICTURES%202013%20MARCH%20THRU%20DEC/May13Sauteedartichokes2_zps908627ee.jpg.html][Image: May13Sauteedartichokes2_zps908627ee.jpg]

Chicken Parm Cassolet -
[Image: May13ChixParmCassolet2_zps789e78fc.jpg]

I don't think so, but IF we need a snack later, a chicken salad in a wrap - and that wraps up the chicken I roasted a few days ago.
www.achefsjourney.com