Dinner, Tuesday,5/14/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

Thought it was going to be rainy, so decided not to grill, but it's lookin' pretty good out there. Darn. I'm going to use up one of the cans of Spam I have left - Spam Primavera and garlic bread.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner, Tuesday,5/14/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are having french dips and a cucumber salad. Tomorrow will be the brined chicken - and thanks for the suggestions guys. I will write it down so I never have to ask again!
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday,5/14/13?? by Trixxee (We are having french...)
Trixxee, I think you'll really like the results for brining. good luck.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday,5/14/13?? by cjs (Trixxee, I think yo...)
We have some leftover chicken and rice. Gotta eat up the left overs, leaving tomorrow for a 4-5 day camping trip. So I may be awol for a bit depending on internet where we go
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday,5/14/13?? by DFen911 (We have some leftove...)
We are going to have pizza! I can't wait!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday,5/14/13?? by luvnit (We are going to have...)
Well, even tho I'm not the biggest fan of spam I really do like this dish!!

[Image: May14SpamPrivavera_zps9255df43.jpg]

with a little garlic rubbed toast....youm!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday,5/14/13?? by cjs (Well, even tho I'm n...)
Bunco club tonight at my house so have been making apps all day.

It's alway a fun night.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday,5/14/13?? by mjkcooking (Bunco club tonight a...)
Hi Marye! What all did you make??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday,5/14/13?? by cjs (Hi Marye! What all d...)
I'm making a Brussels Sprout au Gratin with Gruyere and leeks. I found it through google but it's actually an old Cuisine at Home recipe. Not sure what issue. I'm going to cut up what's left of last week's pork loin and add it in to make it a one dish meal.
Allison aka Younger Bay
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday,5/14/13?? by cheesemonger (I'm making a Brussel...)
We had babyback ribs tonight (slow-roasted for 2 hours, then finished on the grill) I used a dry rub jerk seasoning that I bought while on vacation. It was good, but Ron still wanted some Sweet Baby Ray's. We also had a side of potato salad.

Tonight, I put together the marinade for the jerk chicken, which we will grill tomorrow. It smells heavenly!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."