Dinner Wednesday, 5/15/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having grilled potatoes and steak and salad.

I have a couple slabs of pork belly in the freezer, I think I need to get a batch of bacon going. We're eating Costco and I'm missing our good stuff.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Wednesday, 5/15/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Roasted bone-in brined chicken breasts. Baked potatoes with the usual suspect toppings and broccoli.
  Re: Re: Dinner Wednesday, 5/15/13?? by Trixxee (Roasted bone-in brin...)
Finally doing Jean's birthday dinner. The chicken has been marinating overnight, so should be really tasty. Also doing the rice, but have to pass on the chutney and hushpuppies. Ron doesn't like chutney in any form and we're avoiding fried foods, so have to pass up the pups.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Wednesday, 5/15/13?? by Mare749 (Finally doing Jean's...)
Maryann, I probably shouldn't say anythig, but......... It's a shame about the chutney as it really makes the dish - getting a little of all three at one time just makes your tastebuds sing. So, you won't be able to enjoy the dish as it should be. Darn.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Wednesday, 5/15/13?? by cjs (Maryann, I probably ...)
I agree the sweetness of the chutney really add to the chicken!
  Re: Dinner Wednesday, 5/15/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
ROAD TRIP! Off to Oregon - then Costco on the way home. I have no idea what's for dinner - there might be a lunch involved so it could be really light.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner Wednesday, 5/15/13?? by Harborwitch (ROAD TRIP! Off to O...)
I'm smoking about 25 pounds of chuck (in 4 pound roasts, 'cuz we like bark...) for pulled beef. Since I've got the smoker going, I'm about to throw some fresh brats on that I've stuffed with cheese and wrapped with par-cooked bacon. I love how it smells outside right now!
  Re: Re: Dinner Wednesday, 5/15/13?? by karyn (I'm smoking about 25...)
I'm right behind you, Karyn - 10 lbs. of pork shoulder thawing for sausage and 3 2-lbers. pork belly for bacon are thawing right now. We've been out of sausage forever it seems like.
www.achefsjourney.com