Way, Way OT - Clarinet for Chef-a-nota
  Re: (...)
Do you have a clarinet sitting around. I am looking for a clarinet for my daughter to play in band. I will pay shipping and reasonable cost.

I know this forum is primarily for food.

But if anyone has one to sell, that you do not want anymore, for cheap, for Maggie, please let me know....

You can PM me.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Way, Way OT - Clarinet for Chef-a-nota by luvnit (Do you have a clarin...)
Quote:

I know this forum is primarily for food.

So what? You ARE asking for a licorice stick, after all.

Hope your search goes well and that she'll be playing Benny Goodman in no time.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Way, Way OT - Clarinet for Chef-a-nota by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I know Roy has given a lot of his instruments to the kids, but I'll ask him what he has left Laura.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Way, Way OT - Clarinet for Chef-a-nota by cjs (I know Roy has given...)
Thanks Jean. I am waiting on a few possible leads. Apparently the clarinet is the most popular instrument to play. Our local used instrument place is completely sold out!

I turned to Craigslist and went to a garage sale yesterday that advertised a clarinet. When it got there I was hopeful... The place was a complete shambles, they were selling everything, including their old appliances, windows right out of the house! When I asked about the clarinet they wanted $400 for it. I think that must have been the most valuable item in the house.

I didn't realize the hunt for a clarinet would be so crazy.
Laura
  Re: Re: Way, Way OT - Clarinet for Chef-a-nota by luvnit (Thanks Jean. I am w...)
I answered on facebook - Roy just bought new pads for his clarinet, so guess he's planning on playing it again........we'll see
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Way, Way OT - Clarinet for Chef-a-nota by cjs (I answered on facebo...)
Roy is such a Renaissance man! Is there anything that man can't or doesn't do? He is such a cool guy
Laura
  Re: Re: Way, Way OT - Clarinet for Chef-a-nota by luvnit (Roy is such a Renais...)
Hmmmmm, deciding whether to pass this along to him...............
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Way, Way OT - Clarinet for Chef-a-nota by cjs (Hmmmmm, deciding whe...)
Laura, I have one, but it would need a LOT of work, I'm sure. That is if I can find it. I haven't used it for over 30 years.

I have a warehouse of stuff we moved...literally. I have a set of Pewter dishes and some family photos missing. I can t promise. But if you remind me this summer, I will forage the warehouse for the missing stuff, including the clarinet.....if you haven't found one by then.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Way, Way OT - Clarinet for Chef-a-nota by Gourmet_Mom (Laura, I have one, b...)
Thanks Daphne! I will let you know. Even one we can refurb would be great. A pad replacement kit is easy and inexpensive.
Laura