Way OT - earthquake
  Re: (...)
Derek and I land in Woodland CA for the night. We no sooner get in our room on the second floor and a 5.7 earthquake hits. We haven't felt an earthquake in almost a year. But, we both looked at each other like "who is running up and down the balcony?!" Then we realize its an earthquake. Lol back to old times
  Re: Way OT - earthquake by DFen911 (Derek and I land in ...)
Yeah, I thought I was getting dizzy and then saw the big tv wobble forward and backward. It seemed to last a lot longer than usual. Our pool water was still sloshing 5 minutes later. It had been a while since we've had one that big here.
  Re: Re: Way OT - earthquake by Cubangirl (Yeah, I thought I wa...)
Wow, from So. Cal to Chico?? Long one. I'd feel the same way, Denise - haven't felt one since we left California!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Way OT - earthquake by cjs (Wow, from So. Cal to...)
WOW - we haven't felt one since we left CA either. Funny - we were talking about earthquakes last night, Jeff wondered if either of us had ever been in one. Oh yeah!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Way OT - earthquake by Harborwitch (WOW - we haven't fel...)
Wow, we've had at least 3 in the last few years, the last one was big enough to damage and shut down Watson Academy, knock my threads off the rack and put cracks around the fireplace wall. And this is NH. We just don't expect it here so it leaves us wondering which kid hit the house with their car-and then it dawns on us.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Way OT - earthquake by pjcooks (Wow, we've had at le...)
Interesting. I'm so familiar with the fault lines in Califorina, but I've never looked at them in other parts of the U.S. Should google this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Way OT - earthquake by cjs (Interesting. I'm so ...)
Quote:

Interesting. I'm so familiar with the fault lines in Califorina, but I've never looked at them in other parts of the U.S. Should google this.

It's simple: in the rest of the U.S., it's always the other party's fault; in California, it's always everyone else's fault and the state will make you declare your potential culpability on the product label.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Way OT - earthquake by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Hey Lab's - go find your room!!!
www.achefsjourney.com