Saturday's Dinner, 5/25/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight for everyone??

We're having a summery pasta dish with zucchini, corn and basil w/bacon. And, garlic bread

The BLTs with homemade bread, home grown basil and home smoked bacon were just out of this world. But, I'll wait to have another one when the tomatoes get ripe!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/25/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Duh me, I just posted it under the Issue 99 thread. It's going to be the Japanese Shrimp and Noodles.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/25/13?? by farnfam (Duh me, I just poste...)
We are checking out a new restaurant Rok N Fondue Can't wait

www.roknfondue.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/25/13?? by DFen911 (We are checking out ...)
Quote:

We are checking out a new restaurant Rok N Fondue Can't wait

www.roknfondue.com

I love fondue: cheese fondue, meat-in-oil fondue, meat-in-stock fondue, chocolate fondue - you name it.

Back when I was young and fondue was much bigger than it is now, my parents used to make fondue for family or guests quite often and my mom would always make BOTH BĂ©arnaise AND Bordelaise sauce to go with the meat. YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/25/13?? by DFen911 (We are checking out ...)
My wife has the kitchen tonight and it looks like she picked a winner. Sauce Chaisson with poached egg and biscuit from issue 43.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/25/13?? by losblanos1 (My wife has the kitc...)
"I love fondue: cheese fondue, meat-in-oil fondue, meat-in-stock fondue, chocolate fondue - you name it."

We do too!!! In fact, I still have my fondue pans/forks/etc. I sure loved it (well, my waistline did!) when we moved on from cheese to playing with sauces and stocks. Hmmmmmmmmmm.....it's time, Labs!

We could do a mystery dinner around doing fondue.....???????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/25/13?? by cjs ("I love fondue: chee...)
Quote:

We could do a mystery dinner around doing fondue.....???????

Sounds worth trying. Maybe, instead of driving it by ingredients, though, we should just require at least one appetiser, main-course and dessert fondue and let imaginations go wild.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/25/13?? by cjs ("I love fondue: chee...)
Yes, we could! Yum!

Dinner tonight will be lots of wine and appys. Leaving shortly for here:

http://www.weekendwinery.com/Wineries/Wi...ieEast.htm
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/25/13?? by Mare749 (Yes, we could! Yum![...)
Tony is picking up some really great sausage (that has goat cheese in it) to grill, along with some really good baguettes and giardiniera. I could just fill up on the bread!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/25/13?? by Trixxee (Tony is picking up s...)
hmmmmm, add goat cheese to sausage. Will have to make a note of that - sounds delicious!!

If gardens are beginning to produce, here's one idea for a fast 10 minute dinner (Daphne )

[Image: May25ZucccornampBasilPastawBacon_zps3fa58d78.jpg]

Zucc, Corn and basil pasta with Bacon. Very tasty and so darn easy and fast. I prefer to grill my veggies, so grilled the corn and the zucchini before just tossing everyihing together.

Here's the link -
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...con-242838

MYSTERY DINNER - Yes, let's do it. Shall we let Memorial day get past us and then we can go for it. I'll even put the fondue pot in the trailer, 'cause we'll be gone the first 2-3 weeks of June and I want to do this!!
www.achefsjourney.com