Going to Michael Symon's Lola!
  Re: (...)
I just have to share my very fun birthday with all of you. I got up this morning to a beautiful bouquet of red roses from my sweetie. As I mentioned earlier, we headed to Geneva to meet up with our girls and went to a winery for dinner.

[Image: May2013020_zps8d0f307f.jpg][/URL]

http://www.laurellovineyards.com/

[Image: May2013012_zpsbfc059ab.jpg][/URL]

Now, that was more than enough in my opinion, but the girls got it in their heads to purchase us a gift certificate to go to Michael Symon's downtown restaurant. He has 3 or four here, but this is the fancy one. Since we aren't used to doing much "fine dining" this is going to be quite an evening for us!

http://lolabistro.com/about.shtml
  Re: Going to Michael Symon's Lola! by Mare749 (I just have to share...)
Wow! I would have a very hard time choosing from the menu, it all sounds fabulous!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Going to Michael Symon's Lola! by Lorraine (Wow! I would have a ...)
Awesome! He's one of the ones at FoodNetwork whose ideas I usually like the most.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Going to Michael Symon's Lola! by labradors (Awesome! He's one o...)
Fantastic! What a great birthday! I would love to try that restaurant
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Going to Michael Symon's Lola! by luvnit (Fantastic! What a gr...)
Enjoy the restaurant. I'm sure it will be really great.
  Re: Re: Going to Michael Symon's Lola! by Trixxee (Enjoy the restaurant...)
Oh, lots to choose fromn on that menu!! What a fun thing to look forwrd to!! would the girls adopt me by Tuesday?????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Going to Michael Symon's Lola! by cjs (Oh, lots to choose f...)
Presuming it's à la carte, I'd order the pork belly, the lamb heart, the wild mushrooms and the Manchego cheesecake.
  Re: Re: Going to Michael Symon's Lola! by labradors (Presuming it's [i]à ...)
Jean, my girls have already adopted you!

Labs, that's quite an interesting menu you picked out! I have no idea what I'll order so will probably peruse the menu a few times before we go.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Going to Michael Symon's Lola! by Mare749 (Jean, my girls have ...)
Thanks. My reasoning: Although I would like almost all of the selections, if I had the chance to eat at a place like that, I'd want something that would not just be their own take on something, such as rib-eye, that I could get elsewhere, but something truly unique that would really make them stand out.
  Re: Re: Going to Michael Symon's Lola! by labradors (Thanks. My reasonin...)
Bless their hearts - and I don't mean that as a "Billyism"

" but something truly unique that would really make them stand out." - exactly what we look for when we go out.

Like those darn duck tacos we had at Krush (and they were out of the next time we stopped!!)

And the risotto with the garnish of reduced pickled beet juice we had Friday night.

Do you know when you'll be going, Maryann?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com