NOT travelling, but do have some bananas
  Re: (...)
Wound up with some amoeba (or the like) and today the diarrhoea finally cleared up.

Fortunately, the folks at the immigration office fully understood my plea and extended me a special, one-time-only extension of another 90 days so I wouldn't have to ride buses a full day, hoping they wouldn't just be shaking things lose.

That means that I'll probably be able to join in Maryann's birthday dinner on time.

It also means that I happened to be at someone else's house, this afternoon and, since he happens to have a banana plant in his back yard and needed to get rid of some bananas, he have me a half dozen of them.

Here they are:

[Image: bigbananas.jpg]

Yes. You saw that correctly: each banana is about 11" long.

They're also super ripe so, before they go bad, I'm going to cut them in half and freeze them for covering in chocolate tomorrow.

Edit: Here they are - peeled and on a standard half-sheet:

[Image: bigbananasontray.jpg]

I decided to cut them into thirds, instead of halves, since they're so big.

¡Mañana, chocobananos!

P.S.: Decided to look for some Honduran pictures about chocobananos (I know they're simple, but they ARE very popular in Central America) and found a few things, including a YouTube video of a Honduran who was making them at home. THIS one from Guatemala, however, turned out to be much more fun - and I know many of you will love it.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: NOT travelling, but do have some bananas by labradors (Wound up with some a...)
My favorite treat whenever we were at Santa Cruz (a boardwalk with all kinds of foodstalls & rides) were Chocolate covered bananas rolled in nuts when I was a kid/teen/adult.

How fun to have a banana tree!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: NOT travelling, but do have some bananas by cjs (My favorite treat wh...)
One of these days, with the proper research and planning, and when other conditions are right, I need to take advantage of this resource and finally try banana FLOWER.

I've heard some people say that it's wonderful and others say that it's gross. Unless it's really an acquired taste, I imagine that the truth is somewhere in between since, frankly, I think that a number of people who say that it's gross have not TASTED it, but only LOOKED at it.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: NOT travelling, but do have some bananas by labradors (One of these days, w...)
Glad you are feeling better, Labs, and that you can do my birthday dinner.

Those bananas are going to be amazing.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."