Saturday's Dinner, 6/1/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for the first day of June??

We're on the road - to eastern WA for a couple weeks. We'll grill a steak and have with l/o Maryann's B'day rice. (I made double recipe so I'd have something for on the road)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/1/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm doing the Potato Crust Quiche.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/1/13?? by BarbaraS (I'm doing the Potato...)
It cooled off here today, and rain is expected later.

I have some Pierogi in the freezer. That's what I will make today. Carmelize some onions, and serve with a bit of sour cream!

Yummy!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/1/13?? by luvnit (It cooled off here t...)
At a complete loss here....
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/1/13?? by Trixxee (At a complete loss h...)
OK, we're going to marinate a whole chicken (in pieces) El Pollo Loco style and grill.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/1/13?? by Trixxee (OK, we're going to m...)
Carylann has the kitchen tonight and has selected German Pork Cutlets with dilled noodles from issue #98, page 43.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/1/13?? by losblanos1 (Carylann has the kit...)
We're having an odd dinner; tempura shrimp and asparagus with a baby greens salad & a ginger vinaigrette. Simple. Now to go fry baby fry!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/1/13?? by Harborwitch (We're having an odd ...)
We never had dinner. Yesterday we attended the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival in Midtown. Our photos are linked. What a great day! We began with a Beer & Doughnuts class, then I did two classes about vegetable techniques and CSAs with DS's GF, the vegetarian, while John and our boys went to Makin' Bacon and Bourbon & Cheese. I forgot a camera, but here are some of John's photos. There aren't photos from the tasting tents....we were having too much fun, and were just a bit toasty!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/1/13?? by karyn (We never had dinner....)
I'll come back tp this when my laptop is working better! I' m so envious
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/1/13?? by cjs (I'll come back tp th...)
Oooh, Karyn! Bourbon and cheese tasting! I'm not a big bourbon drinker but I am intrigued! Did they have any comments on the pairings?
Allison aka Younger Bay
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child