Saturday's Dinner, 6/8/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We stopped at a winery last week whose menu looks very interesting - they even have Coquille St. Jacques, which I have not had (nor made) since the late 70 - 80s. I always felt so elegant making Julia Child's recipe for a dinner party.

Love the explanation of the winery's name -
“Faire Le Pont” is a French term that means: “Bridging the Gap”. It’s used when a holiday falls mid-week and you are having such a great time that you decide to go ahead and extend it through the weekend … Faire Le Pont! No matter what day of the week it is, come on in and enjoy yourself, as we help you …Faire Le Pont … all the way to the weekend!

http://fairelepont.com/
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/8/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Alaskan Salmon with martini sauce.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/8/13?? by Old Bay (Alaskan Salmon with ...)
Tony is making some sort of chili with the leftover grilled tri tip. I will make corn bread and watch horse racing.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/8/13?? by Trixxee (Tony is making some ...)
Jean, Cuisine has a recipe for Coquilles St. Jacques, calling out for scallops, do you think large shrimp would work?

Carylann is making Chinese cashew chicken with rice. Issue 97.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/8/13?? by losblanos1 (Jean, Cuisine has a ...)
Well, you would have great flavor that's for sure! But put the Coquilles on your bucket list and try Julia's - you just haven't lived 'til you taste it!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/8/13?? by cjs (Well, you would have...)
I would agree with that! Only made Julia's recipe once and definately need to bring it back for a special occasion.

Dinner tonight is salmon teriyaki, steamed jasmine rice and snow peas.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/8/13?? by Mare749 (I would agree with t...)
Been working our tails off redoing our front porch and putting all new stain on it. I'm pooped. So not sure what we'll have. I only know it will involve chicken But now I want Coquille St. Jacques.....