We are RETIRED!!!!
  Re: (...)
After 28 years of service in uniform, my hubby Steve is Retired. Official retirement date is 1 Sept. BUT he outprocessed today and leave starts and runs up to retirement day. WE ARE DONE!!!!! YEA! Lots of Caps and exclamations - I am shouting from the rooftops.

(Now lets hope we survive each other at home... )
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: We are RETIRED!!!! by esgunn (After 28 years of se...)
Get ready, Erin!!! It's a real transition for you all! But,how fun! Congratulations!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: We are RETIRED!!!! by cjs (Get ready, Erin!!! I...)
Congratulations!

Now be careful of Jean's influence.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: We are RETIRED!!!! by esgunn (After 28 years of se...)
Steve, Thank you for your service! And you , Erin and kids for your support and love. I watched Steve deploy at least twice. Can't believe we have all been part of this little Internet family that long. Well deserved retirement! Now, Come see us!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: We are RETIRED!!!! by Old Bay (Steve, Thank you for...)
Hearing this just made my day! Major congrats and as I said on FB thank Steve for his years of dedication, and thank you for yours. Because he had such a wonderful wife he was able to stay focused when he needed to. You both should be very proud
  Re: Re: We are RETIRED!!!! by DFen911 (Hearing this just ma...)
Thanks to Steve for his service to our country, and to you for supporting him! Congratulations to your entire family. Enjoy!!!
  Re: Re: We are RETIRED!!!! by karyn (Thanks to Steve for ...)
Alright Erin!! Congrats to all and have a great time!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: We are RETIRED!!!! by BarbaraS (Alright Erin!! Cong...)
Congrats and thank you very much for what you did for all of us and kudos to your family for helping him do it. Now have fun before you all decide what to do when you grow up.

PS, I have a Steve as well.
  Re: Re: We are RETIRED!!!! by Cubangirl (Congrats and thank y...)
Oh Erin, what great news! Congratulations all around. Thank you, Steve, for your many years of service and thank you, Erin, for being a strong and supportive wife and mother, so that your husband could serve our country. Big hugs for all of you! Now go have a wonderful celebration!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: We are RETIRED!!!! by Mare749 (Oh Erin, what great ...)
Wonderful news! Thanks to both of you, Steve who served and Erin who kept the home fires burning. A tough job on both fronts. Enjoy!

PJ
PJ