Saturday's Dinner, 6/16/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

I think we're going out for Mexican food with Bob & Sharon. Sharon & I are checking out the farmers market this a.m.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/16/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're having Rubbed Rib-Eye with bacon-molasses butter.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/16/13?? by losblanos1 (We're having Rubbed ...)
Good grief, doesn't that sound decadent! I'm watching a Bobby Flay show now with rib eyes that I might have to make tomorrow.

But today we are going out for a late lunch with my sister's family and my mom for a little 8th grade promotion celebration at The Yard House. Something on the menu for everyone. (And they have good drinks)!

http://www.yardhouse.com/menus/snacks.aspx
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/16/13?? by Trixxee (Good grief, doesn't ...)
We're having rib eyes as long as the pain from this emergency root canal I had this morning subsides. Cracked an upper molar the other day.

What a suck-y week. Did I mention that I got laid off last Thursday?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/16/13?? by BarbaraS (We're having rib eye...)
I'm sorry about the tooth but even sorrier about the lay off, Barbara.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/16/13?? by Trixxee (I'm sorry about the ...)
Oh Barbara, I'm so sorry it finally happened!!! Please come on often and vent - we all have broad shoulders!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/16/13?? by cjs (Oh Barbara, I'm so s...)
Well the smoker is smoking and today I host game night. On my menu is smoked pork shoulder (16 hours and smells like heaven!), pickled slaw, homemade honey mustard sauce, goat cheese and peach/mango salsa, baked ranch beans, smoked jalapeno poppers, fresh fruit platter and for dessert baked brie with kahlua, brown sugar and pecans. Where are my stretchy pants?!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/16/13?? by DFen911 (Well the smoker is s...)
Oh, Barbara, I'm so sorry!! Hopefully this will create all sorts of new opportunities for you, but the dentist on top of everything else seems a bit unfair....

We had our Father's Day dinner tonight...grilled, marinated flank steak, grilled flat bread, and a fresh green bean salad. Dessert is cherry pie and ice cream. Totally yummy dinner, and pretty easy, too!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/16/13?? by karyn (Oh, Barbara, I'm so ...)
We went out to a local dive, had a few beers and Italian subs.

Barbara, I'm so sorry about the layoff and about your tooth. Been through both and it's not fun.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/16/13?? by BarbaraS (We're having rib eye...)
Barbara I am so sorry about the tooth and the job. Sometimes something better that will bring you joy is right around the corner.

Denise your dinner sounds wonderful.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!