Father's Day Lunch at Michael's on the Lake
  Re: (...)
What a wonderful restaurant and if you're ever in this area you can not go wrong stopping here. Well, the service is nothing to shout about, but the food more than makes up for the lack of training in that area.

Bob, Sharon, Roy and I had brunch there and very special was finding another local bubbly that is really good from Spokane - Mountain Dome Brut. Just very tasty.

Exec. Chef Joe La Rossa has put together a superb menu with side dishes that are just down right creative! He was not working, but Chef Chuck did a great job executing the dishes.

Mountain Dome Bubbly from Spokane
[Image: Jun16Bubbly_zps15575ef2.jpg]

Mushroom ravioli - Roy ordered and it was just sublime
[Image: Jun16WildMushroomRavioili_zps8baf5f71.jpg]

Sharon & I both went a little overboard in our liking of the California Sushi Roll Tacos in fried wrappers. Oh my they were good.
[Image: Jun16CalifSushiRollTacos_zpsc6b6364b.jpg]

Mini taco holder - had to take a picture of these little goodies. I'm having Roy make some and they would be so easy for everyone to have made. We're really liking miniature tacos over those big honkin' ones.
[Image: Jun16minitacohoder_zps8dfcff9a.jpg]

And that ends our Father's Day 2013 celebration here in Warden. On the road to Richland tomorrow a.m.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Father's Day Lunch at Michael's on the Lake by cjs (What a wonderful res...)
Jean, that Ravioli looks wonderful. I think that's the huge difference between restaurant cooking and catering. Unless you're on site and cooking, it may taste as good but never look as good.

A wonderful meal!
PJ
  Re: Father's Day Lunch at Michael's on the Lake by cjs (What a wonderful res...)
That was a fantastic meal, and - as usual a really fun time with Roy and Jean!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Father's Day Lunch at Michael's on the Lake by Harborwitch (That was a fantastic...)
Jean, are you going to duplicate those dishes? Sure look good!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Father's Day Lunch at Michael's on the Lake by Mare749 (Jean, are you going ...)
You bet I am! And, I also got some really good ideas from reading the side dish descriptions - if anyone is interested, I'll post them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Father's Day Lunch at Michael's on the Lake by cjs (You bet I am! And, I...)
Of course everyone is interested. LOL

I checked at the Kitchen store today, the buyer is supposed to call me Wed. regarding ordering the holders. They don't have them in stock.
  Re: Re: Father's Day Lunch at Michael's on the Lake by Harborwitch (Of course everyone i...)
Mmmm....
  Re: Re: Father's Day Lunch at Michael's on the Lake by cjs (You bet I am! And, I...)
Quote:

You bet I am! And, I also got some really good ideas from reading the side dish descriptions - if anyone is interested, I'll post them.

Yes please, and thank you!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Father's Day Lunch at Michael's on the Lake by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Restaurant menus just fascinate me and Michael's lived up to my expectations with their inventive ideas. I'm also addng recipes for some of the sauces/dressings in case needed.

Some really good ideas for dishes from the sides offered at Michael’s menu. I think I copied half the menu!

Strawberry, Quinoa and Cotija salad – with mint, scallions, toasted walnuts, greens, sprouts, lemon-honey vinaigrette

Lemon-Honey Vinaigrette: a take off from Epicurious – I usually make 1/2 the recipe. Guess I should change the amounts.

1/2 cup lemon Juice
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1 cup olive oil
2 T. chopped parsley or thyme
2 T. lemon zest
2 tsp. Dijon
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Mix together the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, lemon zest, Dijon and parsley. Slowly add the olive oil to create an emulsion. Enjoy!

-------------
Wild mushroom and bacon risotto with veggies and maple buerre blanc (misspelled on menu – s/b beurre blanc)

Scallops with maple buerre blanc

I’m not sure whether to add a little maple syrup to the beurre blanc before the reduction or after reducing and adding the butter. Will play with this using just a classic beurre blanc as a base. If you’ve not made beurre blanc before there are 2 things to remember:

1. Add the butter 1 T. at a time, lifting the pan occasionally to keep the sauce cool and not allow to simmer – if it gets too hot, it will separate – let each piece of butter melt and incorporate before adding another.

2. Keep beurre blanc warm until using in a metal bowl over a saucepan of hot water.

Caramelized Pear and Onion Flat bread : Layered –

Flat Bread dough
Sliced pear – (note: either sliced thinly or sautéed in butter quickly)
Caramelized red onions
Gorgonzola
Gouda
Baked then topped with rizzled balsamic reduction

Sweet potato fries w/ Chipotle ranch and white pepper aioli

Avocado Chicken Apple Salad
chicken
Apples
celery
Red onion
Roasted pecans
Cilantro
Mint
Jalapeno
Avocado
Topped with a lemon infusion

Lemon Infusion – from http://www.iloveinns.com/recipes/lemon-v...m#ixzz2WZscUnMQ
Lemon Verbena Infusion (a Flavored Simple Syrup)

Superbly delicate, extraordinarily delicious. Lemon Verbena is easy to grow in in a sunny area. Its scent is my favorite in my entire garden. This infusion is good as a sweetener for tea and alcoholic drinks.

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
8 sprigs Organic Lemon Verbena (sprigs with fresh new leaves, about 6" long, leaves removed: about 1 cup loose packed)

Bring sugar and water to a boil and add Lemon Verbena leaves. Remove from heat and let steep until cool. Stir occasionally to fully immerse in syrup. Strain the infusion and squeeze leaves to get all remaining liquid from them and then discard.
--------

Now, on to other menus!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Father's Day Lunch at Michael's on the Lake by cjs (Restaurant menus jus...)
You have been busy! I have 2 days off this week - one of them will be playing.