Monday's Dinner, 6/17/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Easy one for us, Bob grilled wonderful chicken(s) last night and I contributed some hash and we both have leftovers.

We're on our way to Richland today for a few days before heading back to P.A. Had a great visit with the Skeltons!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/17/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We thoroughly enjoyed the visit. I wish I'd had a little more time to spend with you guys - freakin' work . We are looking forward to seeing you Wed.

We also have some left over chicken. I am thinking a salad. Maybe riff on Bob's desire for mango cherry habanero salasa and add chicken, rajas (from the poblano strips, and some other goodies.

I might also check the kitchen store (owned by the owners of Michaels on the Lake)and see if they have those taco holders.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/17/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Glad you guys had fun!

I still have a couple of slices of honey baked ham left so I'm making a ham/green chile quiche. Thinking about making a potato crust. Any tips on the best way to do that?
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/17/13?? by Trixxee (Glad you guys had fu...)
Jean and Sharon, so glad you all had such a good time! Sure wish we could be there to join in the fun. Oh well, retirement isn't too many years away...

Tonight, I am making Father's Day dinner for my dad since he was at my sister's yesterday. We are having roast pork, and my son-in-law's recipe for Polish cabbage and noodles. Last night I made lemon torte and it's chilling in the fridge.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/17/13?? by Mare749 (Jean and Sharon, so ...)
Lemon torte!! Oh Maryann, I love lemon desserts!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/17/13?? by cjs (Lemon torte!! Oh Mar...)
Quote:

Lemon torte!! Oh Maryann, I love lemon desserts!

OH YEAH!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/17/13?? by cjs (Lemon torte!! Oh Mar...)
Tonight grilling up some flank steak and with that a grilled green salad (See Summer Salad thread).

Also have some left over watermelon and will probably have to make watermelon martini's.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/17/13?? by Trixxee (Glad you guys had fu...)
Quote:

Thinking about making a potato crust. Any tips on the best way to do that?

Trixxee, I've seen Cuisine recipes that use hash browns for a crust.

Tonight from the new grilling cookbook we're having Bacon Wrapped Filets w/ Bleu Cheese Butter and hassleback potatoes, asparagus.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/17/13?? by losblanos1 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Sorry Trixxee - I didn't see your question before. I used to make a dinner 'pie' with a shredded potato crust. I'd have to think about how I did it, but that won't help you now.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/17/13?? by cjs (Sorry Trixxee - I di...)
I'm no help with the potato crust either, but I think you might want some kind of binder....like at latke-type crust that is bound with eggs. (Have I been working at the Jewish Day School too long???)

We had C@H'a Chili Dogs with Onion Slaw. They're always a hit around here.