Tuesday's Dinner, 6/18/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm going to grill some Flanken strips (aka Hawaiian Beef Strips as we know them ), and maybe play with the little smoker I brought with us for potatoes and veggies. Haven't tried it on this grill yet.

Yesterday's leftover Two Potato Hash was wonderful in a burrito!! Now I have to try to remember exactly how much of everything I used in it.............
2 potato hash burritos –
[Image: June17ChixandHashBurritos_zps36c2b3b1.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/18/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Nice!

We are having your birthday dinner, Jean. The jerk chicken, pineapple rice and for a salad I think I'm going to make a watermelon/cucumber salad I saw in this month's Cooking Light.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/18/13?? by Trixxee (Nice![br][br]We are ...)
Dinner tonight will be Scallion Scape & cheese pizza, Little Gem Salad, and Porchetta seasoned pork loin. It's obnoxious out there so I'm thinking it'll be an early evening at work.

I hope tomorrow is better weatherwise.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/18/13?? by Harborwitch (Dinner tonight will ...)
I had some leftover rotisserie chicken to use, so made a chicken potpie filling and topped it with biscuits. And, another piece of lemon torte for dessert.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/18/13?? by Harborwitch (Dinner tonight will ...)
I will try to post pictures tomorrow - dinner got all screwed up! 3 Pizzas: 1: Olive oil, garlic scapes, goat cheese, and Italian 4 cheeses with cracked pepper. 2: Buffalo sauce, buffalo spiced blue cheese, chicken, and mixed cheeses. 3: Olive oil, goat cheese, cracked black pepper, Porchetta spiced pork, mixed cheeses, and grilling honey.

OMG The last pizza was the best. Jean we all thought that the last pizza was the BEST. Something about the honey, goat cheese, black pepper . . .WOW
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/18/13?? by Harborwitch (I will try to post p...)
Sharon, that last pizza sounds fabulous. Did it have only what you listed, or was there also a sauce? It sounds as thought there shouldn't be a sauce, since the olive oil, goat cheese and honey would, effectively, be a sauce of sorts.

Also, did you make the porchetta? If so, what's the recipe?

Finally, what is "grilling honey"?

Just would like to try to have all the components of this ready for the next time goat cheese is available here.

YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/18/13?? by labradors (Sharon, that last pi...)
Labs, the grilling honey is part of Sharon's Secret Santa present from Karyn and it is delicious. Don't know why it's called 'grilling' altho it is a tad thinner than regular, but I forgot to taste it be itself.

We had talked about the combnation of goat cheese, blk pepper and honeycomb the other day - I have an appie that I make. But, I'm anxious to make a flatbread using that combination now - with some salumi maybe.

They all sound good Sharon
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/18/13?? by cjs (Labs, the grilling h...)
Hmmm...

Surprising that the "grilling honey" is thinner. I was expecting the answer to be that it was thicker, so as not to flow right off of whatever you're grilling.

One brand's description says it's a "specially-selected 100% pure varietal honey, robust enough to stand up under fire.'

Another, however, says "Rich, thick, dark and smoky!"

Maybe honey isn't labelled for grilling based upon viscosity, but upon flavour - something not too delicate to get lost in the smoke, etc.

If I had buckwheat honey, I'd probably try that, since it has quite a strong taste. Fortunately, the local honey does have some good flavour without being wimpy as, say, orange-blossom honey, so I'm sure it will be fine for this pizza.

Now I just need to make the porchetta and wait for some goat cheese.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/18/13?? by labradors (Sharon, that last pi...)
Labs we had a little pork loin roast with a nice little fat cap. I mixed up about a TBS each of dill seed, fennel seed, & oregano. I added kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and about a tsp each of onion and garlic powder. I also threw in some grated lemon zest. Bob rubbed the roast with the seasonings and cooked it in the oven.

The only pizza that had "sauce" was the Buffalo Chicken. (used the last of the leftover chicken from Jean & Roy's vist which (magically) still had some of Jean's hash.

The only ingredient that we used on all three pizzas was the scallion scapes. I am going to hope that the farmers' market has more this weekend - I'm going to get a bunch and saute them off in butter and bag them up to use on pizzas and in pasta.

Jean I wish you could have seen Jeff's face on the last pizza! He just flipped. He was in charge of cooking them on the grill and did a nice job.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/18/13?? by Harborwitch (Labs we had a little...)
Sharon, am I remembering correctly - isn't the grilling honey a tad thinner than regular?? You were pouring wine down my gullet, so might be a little off here.

came back to edit - Sharon if you see the vinegar people again this Sat., you might want to try a bottle of their Traditional Balsamic. I tried it on the veggies for the grill last night and the darn stuff is reduced and delicious!! Not greatly reduced, but just enough to make it so easy to work with.

Gianni's Fine Food Traditional Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar - 6.3 oz. is the one I got. I might order another couple and keep one for Secret Santa this year............
www.achefsjourney.com