T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/21/13??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner for everyone tonight?

Came home to my potato plants about 2' higher than the last tire I put on just before we left!! Artichokes all over the plants, two huge zucc and a tomato jungle (but no ripe ones )!! So lots of veggies the next few days.

Also came home to one mini-disaster - The day before we left I smoked (with my new ittle gadget) half a chicken and some veggies and they were absolutely wonderful! Had the l/os on a platter all ready to go out to the trailer Sat. morning as we were leaving......found the platter with all that goodness still in the house fridge when we got home!! Forgot all about them and it was so darn good!!!!!!!!!! I've got one more 1/2 chicken so guess I'll have to do it all over again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/21/13?? by cjs (What's for dinner fo...)
Welcome home, Jean. Good news about the garden...too bad about the chicken.

I have lots of veggies on hand, so thinking about a shrimp stir-fry for tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/21/13?? by Mare749 (Welcome home, Jean. ...)
I thought you were going to say you left it on the counter!

Tony is going is going old school tonight and making beef (ground) and bean burritos. Works for me.
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/21/13?? by cjs (What's for dinner fo...)
Would I get sent to my room if, in reference to the chicken getting left behind, "that stinks"?

I have lots of ideas - but I'll be in the kitchen all day today. . . dinner could be a figment of our imagination. Bob will be bartending, I'll be cooking and helping keep the buffet tables stocked. In fact - gotta get my butt in gear have to be there at 11.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/21/13?? by Harborwitch (Would I get sent to ...)
Yes, you would Sharon!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/21/13?? by cjs (Yes, you would Sharo...)
Well I forgot to take the beef ribs out of the freezer last night, so hoping to get them thawed by tonight to smoke em. Got a small rack of the back ribs and they just sound so darn good! Looks like they will be tomorrow's dinner.

Tonight? No flipping clue
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/21/13?? by DFen911 (Well I forgot to tak...)
Burgers & Tots tonight.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/21/13?? by losblanos1 (Burgers & Tots tonig...)
I have the filling for. a sandwich from the 400cal book that is tasting really good , but using the last of my smoked veggies, how could it not?

[Image: 7b9cd94d-6b0a-46c2-950f-34aa35f22194_zpsc4348d58.jpg]

This was a great sandwich!! So easy and fast - saute garlic in chicken stock, add bell pepper & onion strips (helped that I had smoked peppers & onions ) and add turkey sausage (6 oz.) and red pepper flakes (which I didn't add because my turkey sausage is very spicy) - also cleaned out the hoagie so I was left with 2.5 oz. of bread!! Very tasty!
www.achefsjourney.com