Issue 100, C@H, July/August 2013
  Re: (...)
Looks like a great issue. Barely looked at it but the blt omelet, grilled pork tenderloin for two, and summer seafood salads jumped out at me.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Issue 100, C@H, July/August 2013 by Old Bay (Looks like a great i...)
Wow, another one already and I've barely looked at the last one.

Just rec'd the Mediterranean Menus publication from the p.o. today - haven't looked thru it yet, the shrimp & scalloop fettuccine on the cover is to drool over.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Issue 100, C@H, July/August 2013 by cjs (Wow, another one alr...)
Got mine yesterday and haven't really looked at it. What's up with yet ANOTHER recipe for Macs 'N Cheese?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Issue 100, C@H, July/August 2013 by BarbaraS (Got mine yesterday a...)
Got mine too. Kind of curious about the Caramel Corn whoopie pies. Might have to be making those for the kids.

Some of the sandwiches sound good as well as the seafood salads. I think this might be a pretty good issue.

Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Issue 100, C@H, July/August 2013 by Mare749 (Got mine too. Kind o...)
Maybe I was in a grumpy mood when I first looked at it but nothing sang to me. I'll look it over again.
  Re: Re: Issue 100, C@H, July/August 2013 by Trixxee (Maybe I was in a gru...)
That Peach Melba Sauce for the pork tenderloin looks good.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Issue 100, C@H, July/August 2013 by Trixxee (Maybe I was in a gru...)
Quote:

Maybe I was in a grumpy mood when I first looked at it but nothing sang to me. I'll look it over again.

A bit disappointing for a 100th issue... I would have loved to see more exciting recipes. But sometimes an issue starts as a sleeper... then catches on. I hope so.

Seems like we get a lot of pork tenderloin, mac-n-cheese, pasta primavera, and I think they already did bahn mi hot dogs before.

I will try the Zucchini Cake Napoleons, Grilled Spinach, Spicy Molasses Wings, maybe the Layered Tex-Mex Potato Salad (but it seems like a lot of work for potato salad), Beer & Brat Potato Salad, Mini Asian Cheese balls (especially the one rolled in crushed wasabi peas).

We'll see what happens when people start making the recipes and we get the reviews. Sometimes when someone else makes something, it becomes more appetizing.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Issue 100, C@H, July/August 2013 by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Where have you been, Laura? Did you get a life?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Issue 100, C@H, July/August 2013 by cjs ( Where have you been...)
Looking thru the new issue, I dogeared only 2 pages, darn!

The cedar-planked tato salad - good idea. One of those, why didn't I think of this?????

And the other, smoked top sirloin steak - so against the grain for me to 'slower' cook steak, but what the heck.

Really a bit disappointing to me, this issue.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Issue 100, C@H, July/August 2013 by cjs (Looking thru the new...)
I looked at it again and I too think it's disappointing. I do like one of the simplest recipes though - corn/red bell pepper/avocado/cheese quesadillas. Good idea for weekday lunches.