American Baking Competition
  Re: (...)
We finally watched the first episode of this competition and I really like it. Jeff Foxworthy (is that his name?), I think is perfect for the host - I saw somewhere folks criticizing this choice, but he is so good with the challengers and just over all likes baked products. And, he can always tell us when someone might be a redneck.....

I want to find Francine's recipe for Chocolate Bacon Peanut Butter pie - even her idol pastry chef liked it and thought it worked!!

AND, the competitors are all very supportive of each other and so far no prima donas. Really like it!
--------------------
Edited to add - FOUND IT! Jesus, I can't possible make it!!!!
- 1 16oz pack of bacon.Good Lord

[Image: chocolate-peanut-butter-bacon-pie-second...66b2fb.jpg]

Week 1- Francine's Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Bacon Pie

Posted on May 29, 2013 09:15pm

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bacon Pie

Ingredients
- 25 Chips-a-hoy cookies.
- 1 cup of peanut Butter.
- 5 tlbs of melted butter.
- 1 16oz pack of bacon.
- 1 c of evaporated milk.
- 1 12oz bag of semi-sweet chips.
- 1& ¾ cups of white sugar.
- 1 ½ tlbs of vanilla butter nut flavor.
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese.
- 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- 2 ½ cup of whipping cream.

Recipe:
Cook bacon in microwave for 3 ½ minutes till crispy. Drain the bacon on paper towels, then cut it into small pieces.

Melt 3 tlbs butter and mix in crushed cookies. Then press it into a pie plate and bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes, then let it cool.
In a 2qt saucepan, heat milk and ¾ c white sugar and add chips. Stir over a medium heat until the contents are melted and thick. Then add butter2 tlbs and let it all cool.

Spread 1 cup of chocolate sauce over crust and sides and let it set.
Place cream cheese, and 1 c white sugar in a mixer till it's smooth. Then add one cup of whipping cream. Whip until the mixture is fluffy, then add peanut butter, vanilla butter nut extract and whip it once more.

Sprinkle half the contents of the chopped bacon over the chocolate covered crust cr and then pour in the creamy mixture. Then sprinkle the half remaining chopped bacon bits over the peanut butter middle. Spread half of the remaining chocolate sauce over the creamy middle.chill 30 mins

Whip 1 ½ cup of heavy cream and powdered sugar. Add a dash of cream of tartar. Whip till stiff but not till it is too stiff Spread over pie and pipe edges sprinkle with rest of bacon and pipe rest of chocolate sauce.

Want more of Francine's recipes? Click here to get her recipe for Slap-Ya-Mama Cookies!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: American Baking Competition by cjs (We finally watched t...)
I watched bread week, I liked it. Where's the cookie link?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: American Baking Competition by farnfam (I watched bread week...)
O.k. - dumb question? What's a "cookie link"? ?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: American Baking Competition by cjs (O.k. - dumb question...)
you said click here, but there wasn't any link to click on for the Slap yo mama cookie recipe. At least I didin't see it
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: American Baking Competition by cjs (O.k. - dumb question...)
Jean . . . that is mean! I mean really cruel! . . . and it would go great with Bourbon Peanut butter milkshakes!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: American Baking Competition by Harborwitch (Jean . . . that is m...)
Cis,

Jean copied and pasted the text from the CBS website about the show (and may not even be aware that the last line mentioned a link to a cookie recipe that Francine made).

HERE is the missing link.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: American Baking Competition by labradors (Cis,[br][br]Jean cop...)
Labs is right, I didn't even notice that - in fact I just saw that episode last night! Sorry Cis.

Good Lord, Sharon, talk about overload!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: American Baking Competition by cjs (Labs is right, I did...)
Yum, Thanx! Camping season coming up, cookies may come along
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: American Baking Competition by farnfam (Yum, Thanx! Camping ...)
I am enjoying this show as well. I was really sad to see Effie go this week. It's hard to believe she is an attorney because she seems so sweet. She is one of the better bakers and one bad week should not have sent her home. I do really well with baking cakes, cookies, and muffins but I have given up on pies and breads. That being said, an entire pound of bacon seems like overkill but Francine seems like a go big or go home type person.
  Re: Re: American Baking Competition by aunaturale (I am enjoying this s...)
Yeah. I liked Effie, too. Also Elaine.

Darlene is doing well.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?