OMG! Artichokes, anyone?
  Re: (...)
Jean, et al,

Knowing how much you all like artichokes (and a few other things), when I saw this dish I knew I'd have to post it. Unfortunately, the recipe for this one isn't available, but I'm sure you lot will enjoy even just thinking about this one:

[Image: 5fg.png]

Artichoke filled with Foie Gras, Truffles and Chicken Mousse.

What a combination! (And the menu price for it is £35.80 - that's $55.)

The creator of the dish, Albert Roux, said that he specifically does NOT use lemon juice on the artichokes because he is not concerned with keeping them white and wants their flavour to shine through without the hindrance of the lemon juice.

Saw this on the British show, The Roux Scholarship, which is about a REALLY serious cooking competition in the UK. It's sponsored/hosted by the famous Roux family (Albert, Michel, Alain and Michel, Jr.) and the winner not only receives the Roux's support for the rest of his cooking career, but also a guaranteed job in any three-Michelin-star restaurant in the world. YIKES!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: OMG! Artichokes, anyone? by labradors (Jean, et al,[br][br]...)
Oh my Lord, Labs - wouldn't that be so fun to taste???? Now that I've found the BBC TV station, I find myself checking their schedule every morning!

I can't remember, do you also like artichokes?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OMG! Artichokes, anyone? by cjs (Oh my Lord, Labs - w...)
That is pretty amazing! Can't even wrap my brain around that one.

How do I find that show, Labs? I don't have the extended cable plan anymore, just basic. But, I do get Netflix and Hulu, so maybe I can find it on one of those.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OMG! Artichokes, anyone? by Mare749 (That is pretty amazi...)
@Jean: Artichokes aren't my favourite things, but it depends how they're cooked and what they're with. This dish sounds incredible.

@Maryann: Unfortunately, it's not directly available on this side of the pond. Even on the website, if you don't have a VPN (i.e. to make it look like you're in the UK), you could look at the recipes, but not view the videos.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?