BLT Turkey Burgers - Grilling Book
  Re: (...)
Tony asked me to find some recipes for grilled ground chicken (not turkey - hate it) and came across this C@H one in the book with the five spice plum chicken on the cover. I am thinking that ground chicken and ground turkey would be interchangable for something like this?

Anyone try it yet?

http://chewnibblenosh.com/easyrecipe-print/1758-0/
  Re: BLT Turkey Burgers - Grilling Book by Trixxee (Tony asked me to fin...)
I don't think I've ever had ground chicken. It scares me a bit as ground beef is the most likely for food bacteria, so to me ground chicken would be even worse if not ground at home. I've used ground turkey to sub for veal in meatloaf, etc. with great success.

I did copy this recipe to my LC so it must have looked appealing at the time.

Also have a recipe from Ina for Italian Wedding soup that calls for both ground chicken and chicken sausage for the meatballs.

I also have a recipe for GRILLED TURKEY-MANGO CHUTNEY BURGERS from CC in which the mango chutney is used to overcome the dryness of the meat. Let me know if you'd like it.

I would think that turkey would be drier especially if the recipe calls for ground breast.
  Re: Re: BLT Turkey Burgers - Grilling Book by Cubangirl (I don't think I've e...)
I have made this original C@H recipe with ground chicken and it was very good, but it wasn't grilled of course. I guess we'll just make sure to use plenty of PAM so it doesn't stick to the grill. I have used both Zacky Farms ground chicken and have ground my own breasts in the processor - takes a minute max.

http://noblepig.com/2011/01/chicken-appl...age-boats/
  Re: Re: BLT Turkey Burgers - Grilling Book by Trixxee (I have made this ori...)
I've subbed ground chicken for turkey forever - but, I do grind my own (turkey & chicken). I find I like ground chicken much better if I use light and dark parts of the bird for much more flavor.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: BLT Turkey Burgers - Grilling Book by cjs (I've subbed ground c...)
Ground turkey isn't available here, but ground chicken is and that's what I used to make what became one of my favourite burgers: Tamarind-Glazed Turkey Burgers.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: BLT Turkey Burgers - Grilling Book by labradors (Ground turkey isn't ...)
That, of course, is one thing to remember about using ground poultry - we really need to highly season for it to be tasty! Labs, that looks really good, I remember saving that recipe but haven't made it....yet.

One other thing I do do for addt'l flavor is - I pkg. my homemade turkey sausage (highly seasoned) in 1/4 lb. pkgs. and use it often to jazz up a recipe calling for ground poultry.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com