Might be AWOL
  Re: (...)
Ok kiddies, Derek and I are heading out tomorrow morning. We will be arriving in Yellowstone Park on July 1st and then off to Garryowens MT where we will see Custer's Last Stand. We should be home around the 15th unless we take a detour. I am not posting this information on Facebook at this time however.

We should have internet in 2 of the parks so I will check in

Be safe over the 4th of July holiday. Everyone be sure to BBQ at least once! Be adventurous while I'm away and break all the rules.

Jean stop reading now please...

I am leaving the keys to "your room" under the windowsill. If you break the rules and Jean sends you to your room you can quickly make your escape and TP her house
  Re: Might be AWOL by DFen911 (Ok kiddies, Derek an...)
Neener, neener....read it!!

have a great trip and this is what's so great about retirement - open ended trips!! Retirement rules.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Might be AWOL by cjs (Neener, neener....re...)
Have a wonderful and safe trip, Denise.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Might be AWOL by Mare749 (Have a wonderful and...)
You naughty naughty girl! LOL!

Have a blast, you two! Be safe, be smart, but don't behave!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Might be AWOL by Gourmet_Mom (You naughty naughty ...)
Enjoy your trip. Yellowstone is one of our favorite places.
My mom was raised in Ennis. Out the west gate

See if you can see the buffaloes run the bridge at the fishing bridge

Just have lots of fun.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Might be AWOL by DFen911 (Ok kiddies, Derek an...)
Have fun. It's such a beautiful place . . . enjoy, take lots of pictures. I don't remember much but I guess the first few years of my life were in the Big Horn area. (Will you two be putting in a bid on the town?)

(I've made a note of where the keys are! ) If you get a little further east the Crazy Horse Monument is amazing.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Might be AWOL by Harborwitch (Have fun. It's such...)
Ok so before we head out we decided to make sure our tanks were empty.

1- do this well in advance so if you have sulfur build up you won't gag and pass out. This happens in the hot water tanks.

2 - do not put your prescription sun glasses on the ground as you will step on them and break them (Derek)

3- make darn sure you know how your AC works before you head to an area that is having 102+ plus heat wave for 4 days.

4- make darn sure you pack clothes for ANY type of weather. I have 1 pair of shorts to my name.

Here's hoping tomorrow is calmer. I already know it will be hotter. *sigh*
  Re: Re: Might be AWOL by DFen911 (Ok so before we head...)
Oh-oh! Hope the AC was working.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Might be AWOL by cjs (Oh-oh! [img]/ubbthre...)
Erin and future campers take note

When arriving at campsite and noticing nice lush green grass for every site, you should ask the management when the sprinklers come on. Or you will have wet lawn chairs, wet tennis shoes and anything else you left out.

Wheels up now for Wallace Idaho!
  Re: Re: Might be AWOL by DFen911 (Erin and future camp...)
Note to Would-be campers - always read the rules and regulations given to you when you check in. Times and frequency of watering grass, etal is printed for you.....

www.achefsjourney.com