Saturday's Dinner, 6/29/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for you all today?

We're having a couple of repeat dishes from the Grilling book (split one) Chili pork tenderloin and the noodle salad that goes with the Mongolian Flank Steak recipe. Have had both before and really like them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/29/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We have a show downtown, "The Book of Mormon" so will be eating out tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/29/13?? by Mare749 (We have a show downt...)
Quote:

We have a show downtown, "The Book of Mormon" so will be eating out tonight.

Is that one where, for "date night," you have to take all of your wives?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/29/13?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I think we'll have a steak and split the extra potato and onion packet left from the other night. Easy! Meanwhile, sitting on the deck in unseasonable mild temps reading.....glass of wine soon to be added.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/29/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I think we'll have a...)
Geez, Daphne, you post this at 9:22 a.m. my time.....even I don't start this early. Well..............yes, I guess I do.

(Jean, go find your room!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/29/13?? by cjs (Geez, Daphne, you po...)
It's going to be another hot & humid day, so grilling is in order. I'm going to repeat last night's dinner, with a couple changes. I'll use rib-eyes instead of filets and I'm going to use hickory instead of alder wood chips. The best part is that I have lots of that delicious steak sauce left.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/29/13?? by losblanos1 (It's going to be ano...)
I should say so, Jean! Wine just added.....gotta be five o'clock somewhere! LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/29/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I should say so, Jea...)
Oh My, I do love this favorite C@H grilling book dish(es) - Chili pork tenderloin and the noodle salad. AND, if Mr. Bill sees this - we had a Bonair (Zillah, WA) Gewurztraminer and a Chateau Faire Le Pont Pinot Noir with this meal. The Gewvurz was wonderful with both dishss. The Pino was great with just the pork.

[Image: June28Chiliporktenderloinwnoodlesaladcat...18351c.jpg]

I'm so proud - I have leftovers of the noodle salad and also I have a huge couscous salad made for the next couple days so I can work on cookbooks and just throw somehthng on the grill to finish off meals.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/29/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Well instead of the pork kebabs, I'm going to saute pork tenderloin medallions with the Peach Melba Sauce. Side of corn from Georgia (the local farms haven't picked yet - Tuesday), and a salad with Blue Cheese Dressing.

I want to see why they chose frozen peach slices instead of fresh peaches.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/29/13?? by BarbaraS (Well instead of the ...)
Jean, that looks droolingly good!
Daphne