4th of July Plans???
  Re: (...)
Wow!! HOw did this show up so darn fast???

Anyone have their menu in place yet?

I worked on mine this morning and if Lorraine stays away from me, maybe it is set in stone!!

(Slo-smoked) Grilled Honey-Glazed Baby back ribs with Whiskey marinade
Hawaiian-Style Seasame Cabbage Salad
Bake Beans (some from the freezer)
Cacao Nib Gelato (I have nibs from a couple/4 years ago that I just have to use!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: 4th of July Plans??? by cjs (Wow!! HOw did this s...)
We usually go next door for hot dogs....but not always. Must think on this.

Asked William and he voted going next door, so I'm going to make Erin's Pasta Cobb Salad, a tried and true and Bill's Everything Orzo Salad for a twist. Taking other's suggestion and going with the Feta instead of Parm. The one stipulation he made was to not take Erin's salad next door....LOL!....we compromised with leaving half behind.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: 4th of July Plans??? by Gourmet_Mom (We usually go next d...)
That's funny!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 4th of July Plans??? by cjs (That's funny! [img]/...)
We'll be home this year, the only thing on the menu so far is homemade baked beans.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: 4th of July Plans??? by Lorraine (We'll be home this y...)
Holly and family will still be away on vacation, so we will probably join Heather at their campground. It's close to the lake and they always have great fireworks.

We haven't decided on all the food yet,(buffalo wings might work...) but I know I'll be taking this:

Bacon Ranch Foil Packet Potatoes

3 sheets of heavy-duty foil
10-12 baby red potatoes, thinly sliced
6 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon
1 packet ranch dressing mix
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons butter
Sour cream for serving, if desired

1. Spray each sheet of foil with cooking spray. Top each piece with equal portions of potatoes, bacon, and ranch dressing mix. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to each serving. Wrap securely.

2. Grill for 20 to 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve in foil, topped with sour cream if desired.
----------------------------------

Maybe lemon torte for dessert. They really scarf that up.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: 4th of July Plans??? by Mare749 (Holly and family wil...)
That sounds good, Maryann! Speaking of wings, have you done them on skewers? And the Skewered Citrus Wings? They are really good for a change. When I do them now, I do some regular...I so love them! But the Citrus ones are really good. And putting them on skewers is a really cool presentation!
Daphne
  Re: Re: 4th of July Plans??? by Gourmet_Mom (That sounds good, Ma...)
Thanks Daphne. No, I haven't done them that way, but what a great idea!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: 4th of July Plans??? by Mare749 (Thanks Daphne. No, I...)
Daphne, do you mean the wings spread out lengthwise on the skewers? That' s the only way I do them now - grilling or baking.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 4th of July Plans??? by cjs (Daphne, do you mean ...)
Yes, Jean, that's the one. While I still love to be bad from time to time and fry them, grilling them this way is surprisingly good and MUCH healthier!
Daphne
  Re: Re: 4th of July Plans??? by Gourmet_Mom (Yes, Jean, that's th...)
I think I have wings in the freezer!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.