Tuesday's Dinner, 7/2/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on for everyone today??

We're off the the big city(ies) today and will look for a new place to stop for lunch, so probably no dinner.

Last night's snack was a wonderful vegetarian's dream dinner - corn on the cob - grilled and an artichoke straight from the garden to the pot. That's it and did we ever enjoy them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/2/13?? by cjs (What's on for everyo...)
Sounds like fun, Jean. Tonight we will have the Korean Bulgogi that was planned for last night and didn't happen due to a storm. (We had take-out pizza instead)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/2/13?? by Mare749 (Sounds like fun, Jea...)
Tonight will likely be wings, Citrus and regular, on skewers.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/2/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Tonight will likely ...)
. . . the Buffalo Hot dogs and salad. Bob can have it ready when I get home . . . maybe.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/2/13?? by Harborwitch (. . . the Buffalo H...)
Well, I was foiled at the store. Had everything in the cart to make thai chicken salad wraps and then they had no broccoli slaw. I put everything back. Now it's a braised chicken/artichoke dish from the same recipe book as the wraps (the chicken book).

I did get the BOGO Nathan's hot dogs though. Wasn't a total loss.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/2/13?? by Trixxee (Well, I was foiled a...)
We're back from Alaska....what a terrific trip!! The beer was better than the cruise ***** food, but we certainly didn't go hungry. I've developed a real love for Alaska Brewing company's Alaska Amber. Naturally, it's not available in Georgia!

The most memorable meal was at Taku Lodge outside of Juneau. Not only did we have the best salmon I've ever eaten while sitting across the river from a glacier, but we also got a close-up view of a mama brown bear and her baby enjoying the drippings from our dinner. It was amazing! I'll post pictures when John brings the camera home....

I've been prepping for the Fourth today. I smoked 8 racks of baby backs that I will reheat on Thursday, and will smoke 8 more on Thursday. I really can't fit more than 8 racks on my smoker and have a product I'm proud of. Hopefully, reheating will work well. I've also got most of the salads and sides prepped because I'm running to the airport tomorrow to pick up family. It should be a great holiday. I just wish the forecast wasn't so rainy!

Tonight we're having Chicken Spiedies with grilled onions and baby zucchini. I'll serve it with fresh pita bread.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/2/13?? by karyn (We're back from Alas...)
Welcome Back, Karyn!! Sounds like a wonderful trip!! Erin, etal are up in Alaska right now. On a land trip, tho. Her reports are as glowing as yours!!

Sounds like you'll have a great 4th.

Trixxee, looks like we'll all be eating Nathan's for a while now!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/2/13?? by cjs (Welcome Back, Karyn!...)
Good to see you back, Karyn! That's a trip we would like to take. Disappointed to hear about the food, though. Sounds like you have an exciting Fourth planned!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/2/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Good to see you back...)
Welcome back Karyn! Did you get to try the Smoked Porter? OMG! Love Alaskan Amber.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/2/13?? by Harborwitch (Welcome back Karyn! ...)
Hi Karyn, welcome back! Glad you had a good trip. Sorry to hear about the food on your ***** though. I've only ever been on one cruise that the food was less than wonderful. What ***** were you on? (so I avoid that one)

Looking forward to your pics.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."