How Do You Grill Corn?
  Re: (...)
Hey All,

I have never grilled corn and would like to do it. Do you leave it in the husk or shuck it and just throw it on the grill? And how long to you grill it for?

Thanks,

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: How Do You Grill Corn? by BarbaraS (Hey All,[br][br]I ha...)
Oh boy, you know how to start things going, don't you, Lady???

I think you are going to get as many opinions on this as there are cooks here!

I've run the entire gamut of starting years ago, peeling back, removing silk, rewrapping, tieing, soaking in cold water, then to the grill

to

nowadays my favorite method is to shuck the corn, rub with a little olive oil put on a medium grill and rotate the corn every 5 minutes a quarter turn. After 4 turns, remove from grill and enjoy.

We even go so far as to eat the corn as a separate course because grilled (or any cooked corn, in my opinion) does not stand the test of time. So, we enjoy the corn and then move on to finishing up the rest of dinner and have that.

Easy, fast and flavorful. You can season with anything or nothing, as you please.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: How Do You Grill Corn? by cjs (Oh boy, you know how...)
I shuck as well mainly because I love the charred flavor some of the kernels get on them. I also make a batch of cilantro lime butter to slather over them when they come off...MMmmMmm.
  Re: Re: How Do You Grill Corn? by DFen911 (I shuck as well main...)
Well so far we have a consensus!

The last time I tried grilling in the husk (soaked) was in ND and all we could taste was either insecticide or herbicide or both. Now we husk and grill, I also like the flavor of the char on the kernals.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: How Do You Grill Corn? by Harborwitch (Well so far we have ...)
Speaking of grilled corn, check out THIS recipe.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: How Do You Grill Corn? by labradors (Speaking of grilled ...)
Okay, I'll be the oddball here. We grill in the husk turning every five minutes. It usually takes about 15-20 minutes. When you go to peel it, the silks are dry and come right off. We do it outside and have a baking dish with melted butter ready to bring it in.

We went to a party once where they were cooking boatloads of corn on the grill, then put them in a cooler to keep warm. That worked well also.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: How Do You Grill Corn? by BarbaraS (Hey All,[br][br]I ha...)
Shuck, throw it on, turn and pull it off when it's marked. Then you can slather it with whatever you love. The fresher the better!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: How Do You Grill Corn? by pjcooks (Shuck, throw it on, ...)
The reason why I'm asking is because we're going to do the Sweet and Salty Steak from the latest issue tonight, subbing filet for strip.

I think I'll husk the corn and rub with a little oil.

Thanks for all the responses!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: How Do You Grill Corn? by BarbaraS (The reason why I'm a...)
So, Maryann is our resident oddball! I really expected many, many methods to come up!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: How Do You Grill Corn? by cjs (So, Maryann is our r...)
Nothing new. Been there all my life...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."