What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/8/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Guess we'll have chicken sandwiches and finish up the smoked chicken. I have 2 ears of corn and some feta left, so think I'll roast them up and make the corn & feta 'dip' (it's really more of a spread than dip) for a later snack.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/8/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Steak, brussels sprouts and a romaine salad. Not sure yet on how I'm doing the steak or the sprouts.
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/8/13?? by Trixxee (Steak, brussels spro...)
We're having the Buffalo Hot Dogs. I'll probably do something with tomatoes. And I've been craving watermelon...to my surprise, nobody took any to the Fourth cookout! And a few of our new obsession...the Jacked Ranch Dipped Hot Wing Doritos!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/8/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having the Buf...)
We have some chicken and ranch potatoes leftover from yesterday, so dinner is made. Just need a vegetable so will see what looks good when I go to the produce market.

First, I have to decide what flavor of sorbet to make.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/8/13?? by Mare749 (We have some chicken...)
I have some leftover chicken as well. I'm using it to make stuffed poblanos. HOt dogs sure sound good though!
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/8/13?? by karyn (I have some leftover...)
Another Buffalo chix do - with my smoked chicken. made a great sandwich. Was going to dice it up with dressing, celery, etc, but ran out of time so just used sliced chix.
[Image: July8BuffChixSandwich_zps1701f481.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/8/13?? by cjs (Another Buffalo chix...)
Looks great Jean.

Pizza night here. From issue #98 I'm making two types, Antipasto & Four pepper.
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/8/13?? by cjs (Another Buffalo chix...)
I am not sure. The general plan is Iraqi Grilled Chicken. I was planning on couscous with artichoke tapenade mixed in, and a spinach & feta salad. The spice rub is made, but I forgot about the "overnight" part. Bob is going to rub down the chicken and get it marinating.

If he decides it needs overnight we'll do Buffalo dogs and ???
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/8/13?? by Harborwitch (I am not sure. The ...)
The dogs would be a happy alternative. Gotta say I will be doing them more! And with chicken...the sauce is awesome! We obviously loved them!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 7/8/13?? by Harborwitch (I am not sure. The ...)
I will try to post pictures tomorrow. We are all just sitting here groaning with pleasure. This chicken is so astounding . . . I decided to mix the couscous with the spinach and feta with some fresh oregano. I am so happy
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!