What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/9/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

Not sure yet - have some playing to do. Sorbet, make pesto, etc.But, I do have a steak in the freezer with some grilled potatoes and salad maybe.,
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/9/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm planning on having grilled mahi mahi with the orange beurre blanc sauce, a romaine salad and possibly cous cous.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/9/13?? by Trixxee (I'm planning on havi...)
I'm undecided, also. Probably something with chicken.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/9/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm undecided, also....)
I'm still working on it. Have a "Zep" bread in the oven. Sure is making me hungry. Did not make it to the produce market yesterday, so will go there and pick up stuff to make a Cobb salad and some fruit for sorbet.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/9/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm undecided, also....)
So far, I have a ham on the grill with some smoke under it, cooked a pot of rice and cut all the veg for Fried Rice, and cut and marinated the pork to go in it. Grilled a dozen corn, cut it off the cob and froze it, have another dozen for us to eat. Made a few different salad dressings. Vegetarian Quiche is cooling. Trying to keep occupied, and will go work at Tuesday's Table later. Good thing, because I need to stop cooking.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/9/13?? by Lorraine (So far, I have a ham...)
I'm making an old 18-hour Bread 'revisted' and I think I'll split the dough and do half as 'zep' and half with kalamata, garlic & cheese. I've been craving the kalamata bread for a few days now.

Lorraine - are you keeping the cobs for stock???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/9/13?? by cjs (I'm making an old 18...)
Everything sounds good. WOW Lorraine - could you send me some of that energy?

Tonight is going to be Buffalo Dogs and grilled corn on the cob. Easy.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/9/13?? by Harborwitch (Everything sounds go...)
I know, right? Jean and Lorraine make me feel like I need to step it up. But not tonight!

I saw Jean's picture of shrimp salad and got a craving. So tonight we'll do our usual shrimp boil and tomorrow shrimp salad! YUM!

In case you missed my question about your salad recipe, how do you make yours, Jean?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/9/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I know, right? Jean...)
I think I'll grill some shrimp, corn and asparagus tonight, on my own. Lorraine, I've been busy in the kitchen, too. Had a small ham (from the pigs we raised at work last summer) so that is now split pea soup. Made bread and butter pickles with some cukes that needed to be used. Found 2 containers of chocolate buttercream in the freezer which begat chocolate cupcakes (good old Hershey cocoa recipe using oil). Roasted some chickpeas a la Noble Pig, with cinnamon and chili. Boiled some more chickpeas to put in the freezer for something later. Staring at my dishes, I sure wish I had a (human) dishwasher.

Changing my mind, I think I want a big salad with a blue cheese vin. The luxury of being solo Then again, I have a spaghetti squash staring me in the face..

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/9/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I know, right? Jean...)
Speaking of sorbets, has anyone made the Sangria sorbet from issue #94? It looks really tasty.

Tonight, it's BLT's with an apple-cheddar salad.