Smoked Top Sirloin Steak Review, Issue #100, page
  Re: (...)
This was a pleasant surprise. So incredibly easy and the timing was spot on. The only thing we did different from the recipe is that we did not use a foil packet for the smoking chips. We have both a gas and charcoal grill, but we always use the charcoal grill when we want to add some smoke.

Ron purchased hard wood charcoal chunks and likes them a lot. After searing the meat on both sides, he moved it to the indirect side of the grill and added some hickory wood chips right on top of the charcoal to smoke the meat. Our fire was burning a bit hot and the meat was done to 135 degrees in 20 minutes. We let it rest (tented) for about 15.

I accidentally purchased a london broil rather than a sirloin steak, but it worked beautifully and was so delicious. We did not make the Steak Sauce because we never use it, but I may make it tomorrow and use it for BBQ beef sandwiches on french bread rolls. We gave this a 9 and that was without the sauce. With the sauce, it might be even better.

I have posted the recipe here:

http://www.grouprecipes.com/136434/smoke...teak.html#

And, the Steak Sauce recipe is here:

http://www.grouprecipes.com/136435/steak...steak.html
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Smoked Top Sirloin Steak Review, Issue #100, page by Mare749 (This was a pleasant ...)
That sounds wonderful! Do you think it would work with a tri-tip...that's what I have on hand, and I hate searching for a cut that I don't usually use...

Thanks for the review. I think I'm going to like Group Recipes!
  Re: Re: Smoked Top Sirloin Steak Review, Issue #100, page by karyn (That sounds wonderfu...)
I may have to try this one soon. I've been craving London Broil lately since I've seen them on sale.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Smoked Top Sirloin Steak Review, Issue #100, page by Gourmet_Mom (I may have to try th...)
Karyn, yes, I know it would work because I found a recipe that was almost identical and they used tri-tip. I'm going to try that myself.

I'm going to have to make that sauce tomorrow now that Blane said it was delicious in another thread.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Smoked Top Sirloin Steak Review, Issue #100, page by Mare749 (Karyn, yes, I know i...)
Maryann, the man has made it 5-10 times since the issue came out! I can't wait to hear your opinion! William LOVES sauces so much that he makes me mad sometimes when he put sauce on something that I don't think needs it! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Smoked Top Sirloin Steak Review, Issue #100, page by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, the man has...)
W00t! It works! Nicely done, Maryann. Thanks such a good example of the way I was hoping we could use GroupRecipes. Cool!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Smoked Top Sirloin Steak Review, Issue #100, page by labradors (W00t! It works! Nic...)
In my opinion, the sauce is what makes this recipe work. I've used it on sirloin, rib-eye and filets. Some steaks smoked, some not, always delicious!

[Image: Smokedfiletwithsteaksauce1_zps2edc31b6.jpg]
  Re: Re: Smoked Top Sirloin Steak Review, Issue #100, page by losblanos1 (In my opinion, the s...)
Guess I'd better get in gear and try this one. And, with the sauce. We're like you, Maryann, I just never put a sauce on a good steak....

And, thanks for getting us going on G.R. with a review.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Smoked Top Sirloin Steak Review, Issue #100, page by cjs (Guess I'd better get...)
I wanted to post a recipe so make sure my instructions worked so I posted Better than A-1 Steak Marinade . It is my favorite, especially good on those slightly tougher cuts. I don't use the sauce after the steaks are cooked, since they don't need it.
  Re: Re: Smoked Top Sirloin Steak Review, Issue #100, page by Cubangirl (I wanted to post a r...)
Alina, the recipe DID post, but don't forget, on the recipe page, to go to the part in the lower right, and add it to the CAH Forum group (if that is what you want to do, that is). Otherwise, it will show up in your recipes, but not in the group's list. After you've marked it for the group, either Jean or I shall approve its addition to the group.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?