Cuisine at Home digital for $1.99 per issue
  Re: (...)
Hi folks, for those of you who have a Nook or iPad (not sure if you can view Nook issues on a Kindle), you can get a one year subscription of C@H digital for $1.99 per issue which totals $11.94 for a one year subscription. They bill you the $1.99 when the issue is released. That is a nice deal. The price for a digital subscription on Kindle is $19.99 a year. It is $24.00 for the print version for a year or $4.99 per issue at the store I believe.

The nice thing about it is that you can download the issue to the Nook app on your pc. Once it's there, it will show in My Documents under My Barnes and Noble books.

Why would you care? You would if you transfer your C@H recipes to software programs such as LC, or you want to easily copy them to post online such as the Group Recipes site. No more typing the recipes.

Once the recipes are in your B&N folder in My Documents, you can click on an issue and it will open with Abobe Digital Editions (free from Adobe). You can then copy anything you need. You can also highlight, bookmark etc. So you can view them easily on your pc and have them on your tablet as well. One does not affect the other.

This Nook pricing applies to Cook's Illustrated and Cook's Country as well, a real bargain with the copy and paste ability. Food and Wine, Bon Appetit cost only $12.00 a year for print, and give you free digital editions with the print versions, and free websites, so not a good deal. Fine Cooking does give free digital with print as well, but it is pricier no matter what (worth it though, imho).

Please be aware that publications bought through the Kindle store can not be opened this way, so your copy and paste ability is limited.

Hope this was clear, and forgive me if I posted this before, I just used this feature tonight so it was fresh on my mind.
  Re: Cuisine at Home digital for $1.99 per issue by Cubangirl (Hi folks, for those ...)
Good to know. Thanks, Alina!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home digital for $1.99 per issue by Mare749 (Good to know. Thanks...)
Hun, I think I'll try doing this, so I'll have my issues with us on the road. Thanks Alina.

So, I go to Kindle store and look for the ipad icon when I order the subscription?? Did I understand that correctly? And, then I'm confused - where do I get or what is the "Nook app"?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home digital for $1.99 per issue by cjs (Hun, I think I'll tr...)
No, not the Kindle store. You need to go to the Barnes and Noble site, the Nook part. You can download the Nook app for the PC there, and also buy the e version of the magazine. As I said above, I do not know if you can read a Nook magazine on a Kindle since I don't own one. I know you can on an iPad and on a Nook.

PS, you can have it on the PC alone without downloading it to a tablet, so it might be worth just for that advantage.
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home digital for $1.99 per issue by cjs (Hun, I think I'll tr...)
The Nook is Barnes and Noble's device trying to compete with the Kindle. As with the Kindle, there are also Nook apps.

The various apps are available from Barnes and Noble HERE.

The iPad app is also available via iTunes and that is also where you would subscribe to [Email]C@H[/Email] for the iPad (not through the Kindle store).

Alina, the formats between Nook (.epub) and Kindle (.azw or .mobi) are different and the Nook files cannot be read on the Kindle.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home digital for $1.99 per issue by labradors (The Nook is Barnes a...)
Thanks Labs, but you can read Nook on the iPad. iTunes does not offer Cuisine at Home at all. I can read all my Kindle books and Nook books and magazines on my iPad, no need to go through iTunes. Too bad Kindle won't do the same for Nook.

The advantage of the Nook version apart from being cheaper, is that it is epub, which will open on Adobe Digital Editions which allows you unlimited copying. So given a choice, I go for the Nook version. You can read them on the iPad via the Nook app for iPad(iPhone as well) or copy the epub file, and add it as a book on iTunes and sync to the iPad. It won't appear on the magazine bookshelf, but that does not bother me.
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home digital for $1.99 per issue by Cubangirl (Thanks Labs, but you...)
thanks - I do have an ipad, so I'm off to try and get this going.

With this app (a little of topic), can I also find books at cheaper prices/free offerings as I have for my kindle? I'd much rather be doing my travel reading on the ipad because of the nice size.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home digital for $1.99 per issue by cjs (thanks - I do have a...)
Yes, any Kindle, Nook or iTunes book can be read on an iPad. For the Kindle ones, you just download the Kindle app and for the Barnes and Noble ones, the Nook app. both available free on iTunes app store. You can also download the Kindle app for the PC and the Nook app for the PC. Ironically, you can not read any books purchased via iTunes on your PC (or Mac for now). Thus, I never buy books from iTunes.
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home digital for $1.99 per issue by Cubangirl (Yes, any Kindle, Noo...)
Thanks, Alina! This is awesome news! Jean, just download Nook to your iPad. It works pretty much like Kindle, I think. Like you, I have been using Kindle for my reading downloads. Off to check this out, for sure.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home digital for $1.99 per issue by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Alina! This...)
I clicked on the link Labs posted, but I get the option of three thingees -

They all look like this - one is for "Windows store," one is for "available on itunes" and one "Get it on Google Play" so which do I want to download??

[Image: hero_button_Windows8_zps61b9337c.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com