Sunday Dinner - 7/14/13
  Re: (...)
Is Jean asleep at the switch? Totally taking it easy tonight - grilled pastrami/swiss/sauteed onion sanwiches on rye. Or a patty melt. Can't decide.
  Re: Sunday Dinner - 7/14/13 by Trixxee (Is Jean asleep at th...)
Probably too much bubbly early on.

Oops. Did I type that out loud?

Shrimp Scampi over Angel Hair pasta with Caesar salads.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Sunday Dinner - 7/14/13 by Trixxee (Is Jean asleep at th...)
Trixxee!! Seriously??? The only reason we're not having patty melts tonight is because I don't have any rye bread. Plan B was a Reuben, but again I needed the bread. Plan C is grilled burgers. I'm doing my current favorite burger, a Quadruple Chili Cheeseburger. I had everything for that!

I posted the recipe to my GroupRecipes, too!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 7/14/13 by karyn (Trixxee!! Seriously?...)
I'm telling you Karyn, separated at birth! I've got that cheeseburger on my short list too!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 7/14/13 by Trixxee (I'm telling you Kary...)
We are doing ribs and corn on the cob.....nice and easy....kick back with cocktails and celebrate the exit of the rain and sunshine's return.

Karyn, I would appreciate it if you would stop sending that Gulf moisture my way? It's cramping my style.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 7/14/13 by Gourmet_Mom (We are doing ribs an...)
Hey, I worked my a$$off today! and, I apologize, I forgot to do the dinner thread ...but I never have to worry - you all have my back.

I catered lunch for the bottlers at Harbinger's today - a great one , but I'm too tired to post. Did take pictures, tho - for once didn't't forget.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 7/14/13 by cjs (Hey, I worked my a$$...)
I can't wait to see, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 7/14/13 by Gourmet_Mom (We are doing ribs an...)
Quote:

Karyn, I would appreciate it if you would stop sending that Gulf moisture my way? It's cramping my style.

Sorry! It's kinda put a damper on my summer plans, too! We've had measurable rain every day since July 1st. I'm wondering why nobody has mentioned we moved to Seattle....this weather is getting REALLY old!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 7/14/13 by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
For once we're holding on to the good weather up here!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 7/14/13 by cjs (For once we're holdi...)
We were out and about yesterday, so just ended up making sandwiches on sub rolls with thing slices of leftover london broil and some good melty cheese along with a chopped salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."