OT---need suggestions fast!
  Re: (...)
Our oldest grandbaby, Katie, (10) is away at summer camp for a whole week for the first time. Of course, this is driving me nuts! I want to send her a "care package" by tomorrow afternoon and need some suggestions from all of you. We are allowed to send candy, but no nuts or chocolate. Any great ideas will be soooo appreciated!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: OT---need suggestions fast! by Mare749 (Our oldest grandbaby...)
Homemade products ok? Bottles of bubbles, pop rocks - huge hit! Sugar cookies, you could even put in tubes of the colored frosting for them to decorate them with. The candy Zots. Chips. Laura loved it when I sent her "Hot Fries" chips.

Of course a hand written letter from you because they love letters from home and maybe a small picture.
  Re: Re: OT---need suggestions fast! by DFen911 (Homemade products ok...)
Some "girly" chapstick? New barettes? Jelly bellies?
  Re: Re: OT---need suggestions fast! by Trixxee (Some "girly" chapsti...)
While Ashley was a lot older and gone longer, this may work. Her top three things were underwear(cute ones to make it special), socks(bright and colorful), and money (assuming they have a canteen). I have a 16 year old on the line coming up with ideas, too. Oh, and Pringles! They used the cans for a musical skit they had to come up with and all kinds of crazy stuff.

April says for sure a letter and then something you know would brighten her day and make her smile...something she could keep to remember her experience.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT---need suggestions fast! by Gourmet_Mom (While Ashley was a l...)
How fun, Maryann - I am no help at all in this category - too -------
many years ago!!!!!

And, how is Katie's mom handling all this?????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT---need suggestions fast! by cjs (How fun, Maryann - I...)
Probably better than grandma!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT---need suggestions fast! by Gourmet_Mom (Probably better than...)
I think you're right, Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT---need suggestions fast! by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Sounds like Grandma is having a little separation anxiety-!!

I was at 4-H camp many moons ago, and was SOOO envious when one of my cabin mates got a care package with Nutter Butter cookies. Funny the things you remember, that was 1966.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: OT---need suggestions fast! by pjcooks (Sounds like Grandma ...)
Lol Jean did you just drop the F bomb here? I'd pm the moderator...but... Hahahaha!
  Re: Re: OT---need suggestions fast! by DFen911 (Lol Jean did you jus...)
Not me.... I'll go find my room.
www.achefsjourney.com