Tuesday's Dinner, 7/16/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone??

l/o couscous salad and grilled (I hope - if I get the grill cleaned from the fire yesterday ) or roasted salmon and more cantaloupe.

Trying to keep a day or two ahead on dishes, I'm having to call in this week and next for jury duty. Don't know why they can't flag folks like me with a son/relative in law enforcement - they always get rid of me.

And the house is in an uproar - packing up all the books from the living room and we're going to redo the bookshelves on either side of the fireplace with a new look. Anxious to to it, but what a job to pare down the books up here rather than down.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/16/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I haven't a clue. Salmon sounds good, but fried catfish sounds better. Unfortunately, I don't think it's been long enough since my last fried fest. I'll have to think on this.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/16/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I haven't a clue. S...)
I'm going to try a new recipe - the grilled southwest turkey burgers with chipotle ketchup, jack cheese and avocado mash from one of the grilling books (though I will be using ground chicken as I can "no can do" ground turkey).
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/16/13?? by Trixxee (I'm going to try a n...)
We're going out to a local dive with Holly and Bob tonight. So, probably burgers and beer.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/16/13?? by Mare749 (We're going out to a...)
Ok yesterday got so delayed at the store, shame on me for shopping on the 15th, that I just BBQ'd up a pork tenderloin so tonight will be the smoked chicken with the white BBQ sauce
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/16/13?? by DFen911 (Ok yesterday got so ...)
Burger's here tonight also, the Cubano-Style Burger with a side of sweet potato fries.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/16/13?? by losblanos1 (Burger's here tonigh...)
I finally tried Bill's method of slow-roasting salmon filet - oh my goodness, it was great!!
[Image: July16Rstdsalmonatlowtemp_zps4e05dbe3.jpg]

http://www.grouprecipes.com/136473/slow-...herbs.html
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/16/13?? by cjs (I finally tried Bill...)
Trixxee, those burgers sound delicious! Please do a review, 'cuz if you like it, I know I will!

Jean, when we were in Alaska, I came to the conclusion that the reason that I don't like salmon is because the stuff we get here just isn't the same. The fresh caught salmon that I had was delicious, and your salmon looks amazing.

We're having grilled blackened grouper with coconut-cilantro rice and mango salsa. Veggie is grilled broccolini. I'm looking forward to it!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/16/13?? by karyn (Trixxee, those burge...)
Braised a pork butt today in (of all things) Dr.Pepper. Reducing that now to a glaze, will shred and pack the pork so everyone can add their own sauce later. Also did a corned beef hash for Son#1, with an herb foccacia, and some grilled asparagus with lemon zest, OO and coarse sea salt. Yum!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/16/13?? by karyn (Trixxee, those burge...)
We had company coming by...William's old college roommate! LOL! Talk about a blast from the past!

Anyway, I needed something I could make ahead and hold easily. So I did spaghetti sauce this while the boys went out to the farm. Company just left....wouldn't stay for dinner. He had a long drive. So I'm about to throw on the pasta. Thanks to my salad yesterday, that's already made also.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.