Wednesday's Dinner, 7/17/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

I've been called in for jury duty, so might just go down the hill for something later if chosen - which I never am because of son in law enforcement. Wish they could just flag my name...

Everyone be good today!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/17/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Wow, no one having dinner today??? Between facebook and the Group recipes, maybe we don't need to do this thread everyday????

If I could remember how to do a vote thing, I'd put one up....

Anyway, just came back on to tell everyone they can be their own selves today, we were all excused and I'm free until next Tues. night when I again, have to check in.

Since I am free, I'm making some Red Hot Taco Bites from the wonderful 300 Best Taco recipe book I picked up in Texas (?) - somewhere on the road.

it calls for minced onions to marinate in lime juice for a couple hours and that is the garnish for the tacos. Sounds really interesting; along with mixing the shredded beef (from her book also) with red enchilada sauce.

I may even make some corn tortillas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/17/13?? by cjs (Wow, no one having d...)
Sorry! I have been consumed with all things horse racing related this morning since it's opening day at Del Mar. I've got several contests that I'm in. LOL.

We are having the southwestern chicken burgers we were supposed to have last night. Will post a review after.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/17/13?? by Trixxee (Sorry! I have been ...)
So, we didn't get to go out last night, (SIL had to work late) so we are going out tonight. Local dive, burgers or wraps and beer. Guys will be hitting golf balls before or after.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/17/13?? by Mare749 (So, we didn't get to...)
I'm undecided. My decision is pending on BG being able to pick up goat cheese in town before she comes home. If she does, we'll have the Chicken Linguine with Candied Tomatoes. If not, we'll have a rotisserie style chicken, but doing it on the grill.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/17/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm undecided. My d...)
We're having grilled chicken with a cilantro cream sauce and pickled tomatoes. I'm not sure how it will turn out, but it sounded interesting!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/17/13?? by karyn (We're having grilled...)
What a dinner we had!!! While at the winery last weekend, Sara, the winemaker, introduced us to a new 'adult beverage' and wow, is it good!! I made corn tortillas (I always forget how easy these little buggers are and fast!) and made tacos. Posted the recipe over on G.R.

http://www.grouprecipes.com/136478/red-h...bites.html

Framboise Lambic – Belgian Frambose sparkling beer. Malt beverage with Raspberries added. Doesn't sound really enticing, but, it sure is tasty and perfecly matched with the tacos.
[Image: July17FramboiseLambic_zps95628092.jpg]

Taco in homemade corn tortillas
[Image: July17RedHotTacoBites_zpsdc4e8bfb.jpg]

Red Hot Taco Bite in a Hot Dog Wrapper - for some reason a while back I bought (must have been 1,000 )hot dog wrapper papers. I've been finding more uses for them and now they are perfect for tacos. Load them up on the wrapper, then scoot the taco to the end of the wrapper as you devour it. No mess!!

[Image: July17tacoinahotdogpaper_zpsfe3ea9c3.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/17/13?? by cjs (What a dinner we had...)
Looks good Jean.

Tonight it's an easy one, fish & chips.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/17/13?? by losblanos1 (Looks good Jean.[br]...)
How cute is that!!!! Very resourceful!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/17/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (How cute is that!!!!...)
Salad and spaghetti Easy one.

Going to Yakima for week end. Jean. Got any winery I shod go to
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.