What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/18/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?? (Good Lord, it is the 18th of the month already?????)

CLEAN THE GRILL - then just do some burger patties, corn and a green salad. nothing fancy or sauced!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/18/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean, what happened to your grill that caused the fire the other day? That's pretty scary.

I'm going to be in and out all day with appointments and errands so I made a pan of lasagna last night. I like to cook at night sometimes.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/18/13?? by Mare749 (Jean, what happened ...)
Maryann, I do that a lot during the school year. Sometimes it's easier to cook for the next day after dinner, rather than feeling pressed for time when I get home late.

Jean, I hope you don't get too messy cleaning your grill!

We're having my current favorite pizza...a homemade version of Mellow Mushroom's Magical Mystery Tour. I'll go post the recipe right now.

ETA: They're posted!

Mellow Mushroom Dough

Magical Mystery Tour Pizza
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/18/13?? by karyn (Maryann, I do that a...)
The pizza sounds very good, Karyn!

Maryann, I had it screaming hot for my LAST Wagyu steak and the accumulated oils in the grill just ignited!! Scary - good thing we have a brick house. So, now I have to clean the darn thing before my corn goes bad....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/18/13?? by karyn (Maryann, I do that a...)
We're having catfish and a salad! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/18/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having catfish...)
(braggart)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/18/13?? by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
We have to take the RV in AGAIN to the dealer because 10 minutes after picking it up on Tuesday the check engine light came on (never did that before). Suspicious if you ask me. So anyway, we are just going to pick up Arby's on the way home.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/18/13?? by Trixxee (We have to take the ...)
Who me? LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/18/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Who me? LOL! [img...)
I have the most sparkling clean grill and courtyard you'd every want to see!!! - I hate getting to it, but once I'm into it, I can't stop...so the whole area got a good cleaning.

Now, I can grill again!

Trixxee - that is such a pain in the butt when that kind of timing happens. It does make you wonder.

Note to Daphne: (yeah, you )
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/18/13?? by cjs (I have the most spar...)
Yesterday was a great day! We went to Oregon - stopped at Costco (picked up a Novafoam 3" mattress topper for the best night's sleep in a long time). I got home and finally got the Asian Fish "tacos" last night OMG
[Image: IMG_7875_zpsfb4317ad.jpg]

Tempura'ed Mahi Mahi, Green salad with cucmber, scallion, romaine, & jalapenos dressed with sweet chili sauce. Wasabi sauce on top! Mmmmmmmmmm. So good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!