Blackberries - Here You Go, Denise!!
  Re: (...)
This is such a wonderful sounding idea for your blackberries - BUT before you see it you have to swear on your martini or jello shooter, whichever is in your hand at the moment, that you will save us some.....................

because if

you

don't,

you don't

get the

recipe......

Did everyone hear her promise???

going thru old magazines and saw this one - but, it's not even on the Epicurious website anymore - from Nov. 2000. So I had to type the whole thing!

Blackberry-Walnut Lattice Tart
B.A./ Nov. 2000 – 10 servings

Crust:
2 cups a.p. flour
1 cup (4 oz.) walnuts or pecans
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
-------------
Filling:
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1 1/2 lbs. frozen blackberries (about 6 cups)
2/3 cup sugar
2 T. cornstarch

Crust:
Blend flour, nuts and sugar in processor till nuts are finely chopped. Add butter, egg & vanilla and process just till dough holds together, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl.
Press 2/3 of the dough onto bottom and up sides of 11-inch-diameter tart pan w/removable bottom. Refrigerate tart crust and remaining dough at least 1 hour. (Can be made up to 1 day ahead. Cover tart crust and remaining dough separately and keep in fridge.)

Position rack in top third of oven and preheat to 400°. Roll out remaining 1/3 of dough on lightly floured foil to 12X7-inch rectangle. Cut dough lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips. Freeze strips on foil. Bake crust until golden, pressing down with back of fork if crust bubbles, about 25 minutes. Remove crust from oven.

Filling:
Reduce oven temp. to 350°. Spread 1/4 cup apricot preserves over bottom of crust. Toss frozen blackberries w/sugar and cornstarch in large bowl. Immediately spoon berry mixture in even layer atop preserves.

Arrange frozen dough strips atop tart, forming lattice. Press ends of strips into crust edge to seal. Bake until filling is bubbling thickly, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool completely.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Blackberries - Here You Go, Denise!! by cjs (This is such a wonde...)
OoooOooo btw it's a blackberry gimlet in my hand

I plan on picking a freezing many blackberries I will either make this if you come down, or bring berries up if we head to you that is a promise. We'll use pecans, hate walnuts. This sounds so good Jean thank you!!
  Re: Re: Blackberries - Here You Go, Denise!! by DFen911 (OoooOooo btw it's a ...)
had me drooling, too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blackberries - Here You Go, Denise!! by cjs (had me drooling, too...)
Why is your original post so spaced out, Jean? Are there supposed to be pictures there? LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Blackberries - Here You Go, Denise!! by Gourmet_Mom (Why is your original...)
Drama and anticipation...

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Blackberries - Here You Go, Denise!! by BarbaraS (Drama and anticipati...)
"Drama and anticipation... "

Yes, Denise and I need drama in our lives...................................................
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blackberries - Here You Go, Denise!! by cjs ("Drama and anticipat...)
Quote:

Yes, Denise and I need drama in our lives...................................................

Drama or Dramamine?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Blackberries - Here You Go, Denise!! by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
maybe a little of both???
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blackberries - Here You Go, Denise!! by cjs (maybe a little of bo...)
Just a spoon full of vodka helps the Valium go down....