Birthday/Mystery Dinner???????????
  Re: (...)
It's been a while and Maryann is getting anxious for a challenge. Is anyone other than the two of us interested in doing a 'dinner' again??

Trixxee, Denise & Sharon all have B'days coming up - HINT

Maryann mentioned a summmer theme Mystery dinner if we can't get a b'day person on board.....
Or, Maryann mentioned she'd pick out something if we want to go that direction.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Birthday/Mystery Dinner??????????? by cjs (It's been a while an...)
I'd be interested, depending upon budget, travel, etc.

Definitely can't join in during the last two weeks of August.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Birthday/Mystery Dinner??????????? by labradors (I'd be interested, d...)
Since everyone is so busy during the summer and we are all watching our budgets, I think more people will participate if we choose something quick, easy, and inexpensive. Sometimes these birthday dinners end up being a bit pricey.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Birthday/Mystery Dinner??????????? by Mare749 (Since everyone is so...)
I agree Maryann -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Birthday/Mystery Dinner??????????? by cjs (I agree Maryann -...)
This may sound different, but how about a mystery box picnic basket? It is summer time after all and I think everyone can time for a picnic just a thought.
  Re: Re: Birthday/Mystery Dinner??????????? by DFen911 (This may sound diffe...)
Go with it Denise - sounds like a lot of fun!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Birthday/Mystery Dinner??????????? by cjs (Go with it Denise - ...)
I've not participated in the birthday dinners since most of you appear to favor things that use chiles.

However, I love the mystery dinners and have not found them to be expensive at all (maybe I just chose cheap ingredients?)

Anyway, I think it might be fun to do another one of those. So far nothing is planned till fall. Hope the birthday folks agree.
  Re: Re: Birthday/Mystery Dinner??????????? by Cubangirl (I've not participate...)
I still have a few weeks before things get crazy! I'm in! Alina, I'm not really keen on hot peppers either.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Birthday/Mystery Dinner??????????? by Gourmet_Mom (I still have a few w...)
Ok no peppers

Shall I come up with all ingredients or shall we all pick? Do you want it as a dinner or picnic?
  Re: Re: Birthday/Mystery Dinner??????????? by DFen911 (Ok no peppers [img]/...)
Up to you! Your birthday!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.