Road Trip!!!
  Re: (...)
I normally work Saturday 2 - 7:30, hate that shift but I get to go to the Farmer's Market in the AM. Yesterday we're a few miles down the road and Chad calls; "where are you going this early in the morning?" "Farmers' Market" "Well, thought I'd let you know - you don't work today, but you're on the schedule for tomorrow!" "Oh, thank you".

Bob pipes up with "Let's go to Leavenworth!" Leavenworth is a tourist trap little "Bavarian" town about 2 hours from here. Jeff was with us, so after a quick stop at the market we headed out.

Long story short; we had some great beer, the guys had sausage sammies. We stopped in a little "sausage store" and bought a cured "mole" salami and I bought a tin of a spice blend with fennel pollen, dried ground orange peel, lemon grass powder, cayenne pepper, sour plum powder, star anise, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, ginger, vanilla powder, ground clove, and ground corriander. It is a "Divine Desserts Baker's Delight" from a Chef Bernard. I checked his website and there were no suggestions given - it smells amazing. Anyone have any thoughts?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Road Trip!!! by Harborwitch (I normally work Satu...)
Cookies are my first thought. After that would be an Asian Pork Rub or with a mango or peach sauce. After that is the obvious......ice cream! Have fun!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Road Trip!!! by Gourmet_Mom (Cookies are my first...)
I know, right. I thought about a peach crumble . . .
  Re: Re: Road Trip!!! by Harborwitch (I know, right. I th...)
spicy spice cake! We didn't even make it to Leavenworth this last trip, we had so much fun in Wenatchee/Cashmere. But, we do like going there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Road Trip!!! by cjs (spicy spice cake! We...)
That's a good idea Jean. I love a good spice cake. I signed up for his recipe bulletins but not sure if he'll ever cover this one.
  Re: Re: Road Trip!!! by Harborwitch (That's a good idea J...)
I swear those type of impromptu outings just make the best days
  Re: Re: Road Trip!!! by DFen911 (I swear those type o...)
It would have been a lot more fun if I hadn't had a digestive upset the first half of the day.