Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

The peperonata I made yesterday ended up such a large batch, that I'm making all kinds of dishes to take advantage of it - great summery flavor.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We got cold front last night. Nice cool weather. So, I'm thinking of making stuffed peppers with Tommy and Alyssa, my little helpers for the day.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm making a roasted chicken (haven't made once since we bought our new oven 6 months ago - going to stand it up on the beer can holder), potatoes and an undetermined vegetable. Will see what looks good at the store.
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? by Trixxee (I'm making a roasted...)
We are splurging for dinner tonight!

[Image: IMG_7887_zps6a3bb459.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7886_zps1a8075fc.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7889_zpsa77b3549.jpg]

A beautiful pork loin wrapped in yummy pork belly, seasoned with classic Porchetta seasonings. Bob did an amazing job of rolling and tying all this beauty up.

Due to the heat/air conditioning/electrical issues it will spend part of it's cooking time in the smoker with perhaps just a tiny bit of apple.

I'll take advantage of the smoker being on to smoke some sage & oregano, and some ketchup. Fun afternoon. I'll serve it with pasta with sage pesto, and some zuchinni or a grilled Cesar salad.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? by Harborwitch (We are splurging for...)
Looking good! Hope you enjoy the ketchup as much as we are. Have you seen the new ketchup with Balsamic?? Yum, it's good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? by cjs (Looking good! Hope y...)
I've seen it in the store. Haven't tried it yet . . . !
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? by Harborwitch (I've seen it in the ...)
Beautiful job rolling indeed!

Well, my plans already changed a bit. How does a big grocery store run out of whole chickens? *shakes head*. So I'm brining some large bone in/skin on chicken breasts and will roast those instead. Even the potatoes have changed - Tony wants Stove Top. OK, I can do that.
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? by Trixxee (Beautiful job rollin...)
Quote:

Beautiful job rolling indeed!

I'm really impressed! It sounds like you'll have a wonderful dinner, Sharon!

Trixxee, I hate it when I have something planned and they don't have it at the store, but whole chicken is one I've never run into!

We're having something called Monterey Chicken...basically chicken cutlets in a honey mustard marinade/baste, topped with bacon, pepper jack cheese,and grilled onions. It's served with pico de gallo. Apparently it's a favorite dish at some chain restaurant, but I've never had it!

I'm serving it with a shaved squash salad.
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Now, that sounds good, Karyn!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 7/24/13 Dinner?? by cjs (Now, that sounds goo...)
Everything sounds good today. Well, we didn't get the peppers done. It turned into such a gorgeous day here that I took Tommy and Alyssa to the park for a picnic. It was just too nice to stay in.

So, they have gone home now and I'm making Campbell's Fabulous Fast Shrimp over steamed rice. Easy peasy.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."